cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing business view manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Crystal reports 2013 and SAP BO 4.1 client tools. But still unable to connect to business view manager as I need to setup CMS for business objects. How do I configure that as I am not accessing any sever, its a local machine. And during client tools installation there was no such step for CMS configuration.

Please help.

Thanks,

Karan Sheth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

You need to have CR Server 2013 or BI 4.1 installed on a Server OS so that the client tools can connect to the CMS.

During the installation of the Client tools you're Not required to configure a connection to the CMS. It is when you use the client tools that you need a live BI 4.1 system.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But I have SAP business objects crystal reports 2013 support pack 1 installed. Any other way to access business view manager?

Thanks,

Karan Sheth

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you're trying to do using the Business View Manager cannot be done unless you have a BI 4.1 or CR Server 2013 Server. BVM needs to connect to a CMS to proceed.

Crystal Reports cannot consume objects that you create using the BVM without connecting to the CMS where these objects reside.

Hope this makes sense.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Can this be done by installing same on server or do we have to purchase either crystal server 2013 or SAP BI 4.1 ....to proceed further.

Thanks,

Karan Sheth

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll need to purchase a copy of CR Server 2013 or BI 4.1.

You may also download a 60-day trial for CR Server 2013 by registering here:

SAP Crystal Server 2013 Evaluation Center

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot......

-Karan Sheth

Answers (0)