cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keycode for License Merge Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, please help.  I am supporting a legacy enterprise app written in  VB6 + Crystal Report 10, now it is upgraded to Windows 7 and Crystal Report XI R2.  I need to create a deployment package using InstallShield.  But the Crystal License Merge Module is requiring a Keycode entry.  Where do I get it?  Can I assume to deploy my app within our firm is runtime license and should be free of charge?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan

Before we get to the keycode;

Do make sure yo are using CR XI R2 SP 6 as this is the only SP for CRXI R2 that supported WIN 7. To see how to update to SP 6, see this blog.

As for the keycode. You can all sales at 866-681-3435 or navigate the registry to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the prompt support.

Yes, I installed the SP6 now. Although the app is to be complied in Windows 7, but it is still going to be executed in Citrix 2003 server, as it is in XP, as a Citrix XenApp.   So I'm not in particular seeking for Win 7 features, but just to for compliance of using only currently supported OS.

However, I can't find the Keycode in the registry.  I don't have Business Object node in HKEY_Local_Machine\Software node.  But I found it in HKey_Current_User\Software.  But sill I can't locate the keycode key.  Does that mean I did not install correctly?

Or I guess I'll have to call?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Calling may be a good idea, but of course you will need to let sales have info so they can validate things. (just saying as things get lost and all that).

Is the CR XI R2 designer installed on the machine where you are looking for the keycode?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I have found this keycode under this path:

HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suit 11.5\Crystal Reports\Keycodes\CR Dev, but I'm not sure which entry to use:  Default, Serial, THX1138, & Version.  Please see attached screenshot.  Thanks.

Message was edited by: Ludek Uher Screenshot of Keycode removed

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan. Use the default - the keycode ends with 9NM2 - e.g.; do not use anything after that.

BTW.; I removed the screenshot as keycodes should not be share with anyone...

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it. Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I'm not so sure which merge module I really need to use.  I have a few canned Crystal Report files (*.rpt) being called from VB6 app using the component CRAXDRT.   There is no chance for users to chart a report at run time in this app.   So I wonder if I only have to deploy the minimum number of merge module without having to use the all four modules (RDC_DesignTime, RDC_License, RDC_ReportEngine and RDC_Runtime.)

I have this question because right now the VB6 app is deployed to a Critrix XenApp 2003 server, and when I execute my code, it is giving me an error saying: [Error] Folder Synchronization, Error - Microsoft .Net Framework version 4.0 or later is missing.

Since my app is not a .Net app, what caused this need for .Net framework?  So to me, either I need to install .Net Framework 4.0, or maybe if I simply install less merge module, then I won't run into this error of missing Dot Net 4.0 framework.  But I believe such dependency of .Net Framework should have been caught by InstallShield 2014.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In an RDC app you have to deploy all 4 merge modules.

However, the error you are getting from the "VB 6" app does not make sense as it clearly stipulates Microsoft .Net Framework version 4.0. A pure VB 6 app will never, ever throw that type on an error...

I can not say what you need to install for the app as I have no idea how it was created. One thing I guarantee you is that the RDC never, ever, ever used the framework. E.g.; the error is not due to CR.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the clarification.  Yes, It all works great now.