Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Profit Centers & Customer Project

Hi Experts

I have a question in regards to profit center. I have a customer who has multiple org unit each been a profit center & cost center. Within each org unit there are a number of employee. Employees are attached to labor resource rates

If you create a customer project which requires the services of multiple employee across the organisation will the revenue and cost generated by the employee   (though time confirmation against a project task ) be attributed to the employees org unit?

Org unit 1 = Person A Senior Consultant cost rate 100 Hr, Revenue Rate 200 Hr

Org unit 2 = Person B Journo Consultant cost rate 80 Hr, Revenue Rate 150 Hr

Thank you for your help in advance

Former Member
Former Member replied

Antonio,

The revenue earned by the employee is determined by the Time and Expense Assignment to a particular Sales Order, and the eventual Customer Invoice based on that Sales Order. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention the "Sales Unit Text box".

When you say "cost of the employee", there's two parts. The actual value of the time is dependent on the labor resource determined by an employee's job and cost center.

The cost center that the time debits is based on the Responsible Unit of the Project, yes. The employee's cost center is credited for the time. So as to the question "which cost center does the employee's time hit", the answer is both, but for different purposes as described in my original response.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question