cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2013 Integration to SAP Business byDesign

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed the Business byDesign Add-in to Outlook, no issues.

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2013, part of Microsoft 365.

I am running Business byDesign 1405.0.2055.1053

When I try to login, I get the following error.

BC scoping error

"Groupware is not scoped in for synchronization, the synchronization is not possible. Please change the scoping for synchronization to work"

Is there a step that I missed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Jay Stacey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

knutheusermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

The system requirements on System Requirements | Business ByDesign | Cloud Computing | SAP | SAP are outdated with regards to Microsoft Office. In fact Microsoft Office 2013 is supported.

Which ByD objects do you want to synchronize? If you are synchronizing accounts and contact persons: Do you use the outlook integration based on the account responsible employees or contact responsible employees (I would always recommend the latter because it is more flexible and solved a couple of synchronization issues).

Best regards,

Knut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Knut,

For some reason I cannot get the BYD add-in activated

This is probably something for a Microsoft Forum but any help would be appreciated.

If I flag the add-in and press OK, it is NOT activated.

thank you in advance

knutheusermann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could please check the version of your Outlook-Plugin? Should be 135.0.2220.555.

If you have installed the latest Outlook-Plugin and you can still not activate the Plugin, then please open a ByD Incident to get further help.

Best regards,

Knut

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

it seems that the outlook integration is not set in scope in your system. You have to got to the Business Configuration and change the scope (s.Screen)

Kind regards,

Wolfgang

frank_krug
0 Kudos

i think, it is a problem by outlook add-in. we need different versions of outlook - it works with version 2007-2010, not with 2013 🙂