cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITSM Incident creation date - can it be manually updated ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ITSM experts,

I have a requirement from my client to be able to overwrite an Incident creation date in SM_CRM with a date when the same ticket was originally created in a 3rd party incident system.

I know there can be an integration created between the two Incident management systems, but it is not in the scope currently.

They just want for now to have two systems, but also the requirement is to activate SLA calculation - and this creation date does become a problem when coupled with SLA calculation, as SAP ticket actually can be created hours later that the original ticket was reported in 3rd party system.

So I am looking for a solution like:

1) how to make field "Create" editable in ZMIN

OR

2) how to make SLA calculation be based on a custom field "Ticket Creation date" (which I can add to the ZMIN screen)

Appreciate any helpful suggestion.

The system is SOLMAN 7.1 SP10

Thank you

Elena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

richard_pietsch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

I have a system where the external ticket-ID from 3rd party tool must be available in SolMan ITSM. The tickets get created by a custom webservice. So, on WebUi there's no logic behind the field - just display mode. I therefore added an append to header table crmd_orderadm_h. Then I created an enhancement for UI component AIC_INCIDENT_H. In View AIC_INCIDENT_H/IncidentHeaderEF I then added my external ticket-ID field and build an custom configuration to have it right below the transaction ID of the ITSM ticket.

In your case I think you can do the same but need some more "postprocessing" when saving the ticket, e.g. overwrite the created at timestamp with your inputs and perform a recalculation of the SLA appointments afterwards.

Regards, Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Richard for your response.

Yes in your case both tickets are created instantaneously - no need to update the creation date.

In my case I do not have the integration in place (web service), and this is the reason for the requirement to update creation date manually.

Yes you are right, filed "Created" is a "Display Only" field in UI Configuration, but I tried to remove the check mark from "Display only" flag - it does not change anything - the field still remains display-only greyed-out and not updatable.

Looks like there is some logic behind that field that prevents it from being updated.

Any other suggestions how to make it editable ?

Thank you

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elena,

For date, refer in config SPRO , ITSM--> Date Profile-->Define Date profile Select ur date profile in your create date Type , go to details , change the date rule or default values to blank, so that it will no get system or todays date.

Thanks

Jignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jignesh,

thank you for your response.

Interesting idea manipulating the date profile.

I have tried it out, however in smin-header date profile there are only 2 date types defined by default: Requested start and requested end (one of it you show).

I do not need either of these types.

The "Created" date I think more suitable with SRV_START type which shows in SLA assignment block as "Notification receipt".

I have tried to add this date type to ZMIN_HEADER but could not update all required fields, like "reference obj.":

I would guess that "USER" needs to go in those fields, but cannot enter anything.

Do you have experience with this kind of things ? Can You guide me please ?

Maybe before adding that date type I need to define a specific rule first ?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Elene good day,

Did you solved this?

Rg Daniyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

no I am still not able to solve it.

I tried to add a custom DATE filed, but if I make it "calculated" - for system date to be populated by default at first time - the filed becomes non-modifiable, and essentially the same as standard date filed in ZMIN, so no use for me unfortunately.

Do you have any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Elena