Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Enterprise - Error when using MS Text Driver

I am trying to use the MS Text Driver to generate a report in CRE 4.1 SP4 using Generic ODBC in designer, however, no matter what I do, it throws the following error:

The following error has occurred while trying to retrieve the data:

Failed to execute query.

The database returned the following error: [Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] Syntax error in FROM clause.

Please check with your System Administrator that the data source is correctly configured.

The SQL in Crystal is:

SELECT "CEB_BILL_Hold_File_0_txt"."HOLD0 BILL PMT ENROLL DATE", "CEB_BILL_Hold_File_0_txt"."HOLD0 CIB ACCOUNT OPEN DATE" FROM   "C:\USERS\ADMINISTRATOR\DESKTOP"."CEB_BILL-Hold File 0.txt" "CEB_BILL_Hold_File_0_txt"

Nothing out of the ordinary in it at all. I tried this exact same workflow in CR2013 and it works just fine.

Is this a bug in CRE? Or is there anything within the designer I need to do differently in order to pull data from a flat file source?

Thanks for your help!!

error.jpg (37092 B)
Tags:
replied

CRE does not have the same functionality as the "classic" version of Crystal - it doesn't connect to all of the same types of data, although CRE does connect to some things that Crystal does not (like .unx universes).  I suspect that this is what you're running into.  If that's the case, SAP won't classify it as a "bug" as such.  Instead, it would be either "not yet implemented" or "by design".

-Dell

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question