cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Contract integration With Equipment/VMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SD experts,

I am currently working in automotive industries, which heavily uses the IS-AUTO modules. One of the most used component is Warranty module, which sits under the Customer Service/Plant Maintenance bracket. Currently I am trying to implement service contract (VA41) integration with warranty module, as per screen shot below:

As I have very low understanding in SD module, I would like any guide on how to start configuring sales/service contract transaction, and how to assign the contract to an object in PM/CS module (IE01), or even vehicles in VMS system (Warranty objects have link between these two). I cannot find a good documentation specific on this, so any help would really be helpful. I also welcome anyone to share links to good SD contract topic documentation.

Your help is highly appreciated,
shah.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

After getting Information on warranty what is your further process ? you want to service or repair the equipment or vehicle ?

however follow the process below

1. Create the contract in VA41

2. enter Material number and click on Environment--->technical Objects, maintain serial number

3. with the combination of Material and serial number system will determine Equipment provided if you have already created Equipment in IE01

4. Save the contract

5. run transaction code IP50 with reference to Contract, this transaction enable you to specify the frequency of creating service Order or VMS order. IP50 is the integration between SD and PM/CS

6. in the service order you can get the Warranty details and rest of the flow depends on your business scenario

if you need any other clarification, please revert back

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vemuri,

Thanks for you prompt reply. This is the process:

1) The purpose is to service a vehicle that is still under a service plan.

2) It is claimed through a warranty vehicle not because it is still under car warranty period (which is a different scenario), but because a dealer is claiming the amount of the repair cost they had performed to a vehicle, which the vehicle owner has bought the service plan sold by the distributor of the brand.

3) Warranty will be raised against a vehicle, which will have identification number, known as VIN. This corresponds to the field Ext. Obj. No., with Obj Type VELO. Refer below:

However in equipment, it will have its own Equipment Number which is different from Ext. Obj. No. The VIN number is recognized only as description field in IE02. Refer below:

4) Warranty will have a 'validation/check' before it could proceed. For this particular scenario, it will be validated against the service contract number, which I believe will be tied to Equipment number instead of the VIN number (integration between SD-PM/CS).

5) The rest of the warranty claim process will happen after the plan<->vehicle relation has been validated (contract/plan exist,still valid within that day), which is not important in this discussion context.

EDIT:
Additional Notes

The vehicle is uniquely identified as VIN, in VLCVEHICLE table (VMS module), thus it does not have serial number. The reference material description's is as in the 'Model' field.

Answers (0)