cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting Dimension members in a RUN_PROGRAM CALC_ACCOUNT by property

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!  I'm trying to run an account-based calculation for a certain group of entities and a certain group of intercompanies (based on properties in each dimension).  I cannot find documentation on how to set this up for a CALC_ACCOUNT.  I don't want to make these user-selected for a variety of reasons, and because there are a lot of members which can change, I cannot list them all.

Will the following code work?  If not, how do I set up?  I cannot find documentation for this.  I've been told everything for a RUN_PROGRAM must happen within the RUN_PROGRAM block of code and not outside. 

*XDIM_FILTER INTERCO = [INTERCO].PROPERTIES("OUTSIDE") = "Y"
*XDIM_FILTER ENTITY = [ENTITY].PROPERTIES("NONUSD")="Y"

*RUN_PROGRAM CALC_ACCOUNT

CATEGORY = %CATEGORY_SET%

RPTCURRENCY = USD

TID_RA = %TIME_SET%

CALC = RE_RATE_ADJ

OTHER = [GROUP = %GROUP_SET%]

*ENDRUN_PROGRAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

If you look on help: Account-based Calculations as Script Logic - SAP Business Planning and Consolidation, version for SA...

you will see that restrictions has to be defined in OTHER section (with REAL dimension names!)

Just use SELECT to prepare variables for OTHER:

*SELECT(%IOUTSIDE%,"[ID]",INTERCO,"[OUTSIDE] = 'Y'")

*SELECT(%ENONUSD%,"[ID]",ENTITY,"[NONUSD] = 'Y'")

OTHER = [GROUP = %GROUP_SET%;ENTITY=%ENONUSD%;INTCO=%IOUTSIDE%]

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim - do these SELECT statements have to be inside or outside (before) the *RUN_PROGRAM section?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OTHER is inside. Please, read help!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know the OTHER statements are inside.  But what about the SELECT statements themselves?

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SELECT - outside!

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim - Sorry but your solution did not work.  It erred out every time. 

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, but this solution is correct! May be you are not showing the full code or some mistakes in dimension names...

What errors you have?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vadim - for some reason, the first few times, it didn't work, then it did.  Appreciate the help!  🙂

Answers (0)