Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing document does not balance to zero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to the community,

maybe someone ever been through this issue before:

We had to regenerate documents (via RFSEPA01 program) for a GL account which was switched to open items incorrectly years ago and for which account balance and drilldown did not tie. After running the program all tables seemed to be aligned as FAGLB03, FAGLL03, FBL3N and F-03 were all in sync.

The issue comes when a clearing document was created for one of these documents and now it is still sitting in BSIS table although it was cleared. The clearing document does not balance out to zero but the user was able to post it through F-03 but cannot reverse it through FBRA we get message:

Balance of the line items is not zero F5136.

The solution would be to delete this record from the BSIS table as account balance and details match but not FAGLL03, FBL3N and F-03. I ran report TFC_COMPARE_VZ for the company code and nothing was found.

Any idea?

PS- I have been through a bunch of OSS notes and could not find anything as this is not related to payment card neither to + or - signs.

Kindest regards,

Gen

Here are the details of the clearing document created:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In brief the issue is that the document was not transferred from BSIS to BSAS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geneviee Vallee,

I have read through this issue and would suggest raising an incident with SAP Support to get this issue resolved as it looks like an inconsistency and should be forwarded to the FI-GL-GL-X component.

Kind Regards

Martin Cahill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Martin,

This is what I did soI am waiting for a reply from OSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geneviee,

Thank you for your reply, I have picked up the incident and sent you a response.

Kind Regards.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Just so you know I did not have access to OSS directly as we have an internediate managing the OSS messages. I got your connection message today...

I will have that ready asap and many thanks for your help!

GV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geneviee,

Thank you for your reply, please return the message when you are ready for me to logon and I will try and deal with it as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Martin

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Genevieve,

Missing Line items in this view.

Since you are displaying the GL account 113004 you aren't looking at anyelse GL Account amount.

It's more likely amount 32,858.62 is located in other GL Account thus.

I recommend you copy all Document Number and enter in Dinamic Selection. Leave GL account blank in selection screen then you hit F8 to execute. Now take a look on all line items involved in those documents.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marssel

The document sits in this account as showed via table BSIS and we can see that we are out of the clearing amount by 32K$ when looking at the clearing doc in table BSAS (search criteria were only ccode and doc no.) which is the document still sitting in BSIS table:

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Document number 2500000000 in BSIS wasn't displayed in FAGLL03 before. This is the reason of missing amount.

This occured because you have displayed only items processed in 2014.  It meant only cleared items.

The remaining amount wasn't showed because it was supressed by some filter or something.

Try dinamic selection by document number.

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marssell

I understand what you are saying but I just ran :  RFINDEX_NACC report and errors were found in BSIS and even BSEG tables for this company code so I guess we are better off logging this to SAP so we can get this fixed.

Kindest regards for your help !

ps- if you know fo a program to realign thos records let me know

Marssel700
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to display Document number 2500000000 in FBL3N or FB03 by document number entry?

May be you have a mismatch balances between New GL and Classic tables.

Take a look on below note:

1600014 - Balance mismatch / MSITEM033 - No items selected (see long text) / Missing line items.

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please send us the input screen shot of transaction code FAGLL03.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tejas,

Here it is

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you done the euro changeover

if so, please refer 190023 and 123457

Former Member
0 Kudos

no no Euro changeover and all trx are in CAD$

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geneveive,

I think the document splitting is active and this document was created before the activation. If you have to do some tests, try to deactive document splitting for this company code, run the transaction to clear the items and verify the document. Don't forget to active again the company code.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joao,

Thanks for your reply. I did the test and did not change a thing (although I am pretty sure splitting was active at the time of conversion but I was not there so I tried it anyways in my Sandbox system!! of course)

Best regards,

GV