cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data replication in HANA database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need your sugessions in solutioning (I am new to HANA).

Environment:

ECC6 EHP6

HANA Ver. 1.00.74

SLT Ver. DMIS 2011 SP5

BOBJ 4.1 SP4

Client has HANA installed as a stand alone database means (ECC is not on HANA and they dont have BW)

I need to replicate ECC data in HANA and create models to support reporting.

Question1: What is the best approach to replicate data in HANA (SLT, DS etc?)

Question2: Another requirement is write data back to HANA database. Users would like to enter new data (numeric data/key figure/measure) from a report to HANA. How can we achive this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

For Q1,

To replication data from ECC to HANA, both SLT and BODS will do. From my side, SLT is recommended.

SLT is trigger-based tool, and the performance is better. If you want migrate non-SAP data into HANA database, BODS is better.

For Q2, BOBJ is not support to rewrite data back to HANA directly. BOBJ only can read data, not write.

An alternative way is create two BOBJ reports, one is original ( Report A), and the other one is updated (Report B).

1. Report A consume data from original tables (calculated view, analyses view, etc) in HANA, and then export report A to CSV file.
  2. Update the CSV file with new value.
  3. Rewrite the CSV file back to HANA new table (X) with BODS.
  4. Report B consumes data from table X

Thanks,

Johnny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the guidance.

regarding Q2, it's more of a planning and forecasting report. If value changes on a column then other columns values automatically changes. It's more of a what if scenario report.

sadanand_bhat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another approach would be writing directly back to HANA leveraging SAP HANA XS.

- Create XS application to read from a form/CSV via JDBC or ODBC interface.

- You can create a small .NET application leveraging ADO.NET feature (available as of SPS08) which can directly talk to HANA and update HANA tables

Both the approaches works very well and faster approach compared to BOBJ reports.

Regards,

Sadanand

Answers (0)