cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi column display of detail section

0 Kudos

Hi, all,

could you, please, help me understand how multi-column display of data in detail section is working?

I have created a detaill section with multi-column layout in one rpt file which I later import by using RAS SDK in another report, and

that section of a subreport seems to always strecth as much as possible, it even starts on a new page, in order not to display in more than one column.

Only when I add a lot of mocked data, I see a section starting at new page, but being rendered in more than one column.

Is there a way to force multi-column display? For example, set the detail section of main report that will get the multicolumn subreport imported to have a maximum height? Is that possible, and would it do a trick?

Any help highly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Jelena,

this should be possible to do. can you please provide 3 screenshots:

1) your report in Design mode

2) your report in Preview mode showing the problem

3) a mock-up of what you want the report to look like

thanks,

jamie

0 Kudos

Hi, all, this is a windows app. However I do not see this issue anymore. Seems it is all working fine now.

If a section can fit the data in 2 columns to use the page where it starts, now it does so.

However, one question remains, and that is if I would like to force the section to have maximum height, can I do that somehow?

Thank you in advance.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we'll need more information.

can you please provide the following pictures:

1) your report in Design mode

2) your report in Preview mode showing the problem

3) a mock-up of what you want the report to look like

thanks,

jamie

0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

That is the tricky part, because the amount of space the detail section can have depends on the rest of the report sections and how much space they use up.

If they are template reports then you can figure out how much area is available by previewing in the Designer and then converting that area into Twips.

1440 twips = 1 inch.

So Maximum height is dependent on the amount of data you provide. Crystal will format the page accordingly and allocate as much data to the detail section that you provide.

Previewing in CR Designer with more than one page will give you the maximum number or rows you can use. Then you can do a count on the data provided to know if you will get one or more pages.

Don

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I moved your post to the Report Design forum to get this working properly in CR Designer.

First thing to do is test in CR Designer, see if what you are doing in code works as you want it to in CRD. If not it's going to do the same in your app.

And is this a Windows or WEB app?

Don