Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Planned depreciation Value positive

Hi Everyone,

I am doing a legacy asset transfer these days,its during the fiscal year transfer and I am testing and creating assets  for checking. For 2014 acquired assets,I noticed that planned depreciation value is positive for one period, though system is calculating depreciation correctly but if I run depreciation run AFAB, system will post first deprecation as positive after I create legacy asset. I am not using smoothing,its catch up. I checked my depreciation key,its straight line depreciation method and should be simple. I am not sure what is wrong.Please help and give me some ideas.The screenshot is attached.Thanks

Regards

Shaun

dep.jpg (103425 B)
Former Member
replied

Please also check your multilevel method, there should be couple or options, whether from capitalization date or from depreciation start date, please play around with them and see if there is any change comes in the depreciation calculation.

Usually, the period control controls from when the depreciation to be started, if you have given as 06 then it would be taken as the first date of the fiscal year instead of capitalization date.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question