cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned orders to customer orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I need your help, I'm doing some tests in make to stock, this scenario have safety stock, but I have problems running MRP, It generates the planned orders (PldOrd) but it is not taking into consideration customer orders (CusOrd)

It generates orders to safety stock (SafeSt) and planned independents requirements (IndReq) but not to customer orders

I have tried with groups of strategies 10, 40 and it does not generate the planned orders to cover the customer orders (CusOrd)

How can I resolve this kind of problem?

I hope you can help me

Greetings

Martín Zarco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Martín

With planning strategy 10 the sales orders will not be relevant to MRP. See the following link for more details:

Net Requirements Planning (10) - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

As it is stated on this link, sales orders are displayed for information purposes only when using strategy 10.

I suggest you to use planning strategy 40 if you want to consider sales orders. Take a look on the following link where this strategy is described and make sure that all the pre-requisites are met:

Planning with Final Assembly (40) - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

If you were using planning strategy 10 previously, it's important to clear the field Mixed MRP and test with newly created sales orders, to make sure that the requirement type was derived correctly.

After that, if a proper MRP type (such as PD) is set for your material, sales orders should be considered.

If still MRP is not creating replenishments to cover sales orders, check the following document:

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked prerequisites and I am using strategy group 40, consumption parameters forward and backward, but the problem still exists

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

The attached screenshot from transaction MD04 shows that this sales order is not MRP relevant.

Was this sales order created after you set the strategy 40 on the material master? Please try with a new sales order.

The MRP relevance of the sales order is defined by the requirement type/class customizing. Check the sales order requirement type on tab procurement of the sales order. Then, check the requirement class assigned to this requirement type on transaction OVZH. After that, check on the customizing transaction OVZG which value is set for the field "no mrp". This is where the sales order MRP relevance is defined.

The requirement type is derived from the planning strategy but you can assign manually a requirement type to the sales order item category on the customizin transaction OVZI.

Please observe that any customizing change will be only relevant for newly created orders.

See point 5 of document for details.

BR

Caetano

former_member226240
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I just saw your screen shots and i could see that there are some "LSF" requirements in there which basically means strategy 10 was in place in material master. And as said by Caetano, these sales orders might be created before you made that change.

Could you please re-create some orders.

Also, as these PIR are still showing LSF, could you make changes to MD61/ MD62 to make the requirements behave as for Strategy 40 instead of 10 which they are showing now.

You may have to re-organize PIR after you change the strategy in material master.

BR

Rahul