cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Pre requisite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please tell me what i should know before switching to XI.

thanks,

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Follow the 3 blog series from Sravya.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no hard coded Pre requisite for XI. All you need to do is that you should have skill in atleast in one programming language.

Following knowledge will be helpgul in learning XI but nothing was mandatory because my team consist of engineers who even don't know HTML but now they can work in XI effectiviely;

- Aware about SAP keywords (Idoc, RFC, ABAP, transaction etc)

- Aware about XML

- Aware about Java

I hope it clarify your doubts. Welcome in world of XI.

Regards,

Gourav

---

<i>Reward points if it helps you</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.P.,

Different people have diffrent views on what is needed in XI. Having knowledge of JAVA is necessary in XI as many things is based on JAVA, especially the architecture of XI. You will need JAVA in mapping also and in case of user defined functions, but it depends on a case to case scenario. You must know a bit of XML,XSLT. If you do not know ABAP then you can learn basic term that frequently used in XI, these are ALE, IDOC, RFC, BAPI. Having middleware knowledge will be added advantage as you will be familiar that why do we need XI.

You can also use SDN as it is a big ocean of information related to SAP technologies mainly for Netweaver.

Regards,

Subhasha Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi

try to learn Java (if you are not java background), ABAP cross aps like ALE/IDoc related(If you are not having ABAP background) and HTML,XML basics with XI.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/22/new-to-xi

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi rp

It could be good..if you can tell us your background and your experience.so that we can suggest you more better.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandu.

Message was edited by:

Chandu

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i feel the best would be to go thru these 3 blogs -

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will help You ...........

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/12/22/new-to-xi