cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUS2105 - additional container other than ReleaseCode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm pretty new to workflow so please be kind.  I've searched the forums but not able to get a clear answer.

We are looking at standard workflow BUS2105.  The only container/parameter is ReleaseCode.

Question:  Is there a way I can add more container/parameter to BUS2105 without creating a custom BOR/event?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to modify the business object (add attributes, new events, methods etc.), the only way is through the "delegation" process. Do not be afraid of this. This is a really basic procedure - a bit similar to creating a user exit etc.

Kind regards,

Karri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karri and Modak.  I'll look into delegation and subtypes.

I am confirming that there is no "non-development" option to achieve the requirement.   Please let me know if this is not the case.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can always add another container element to the workflow, but then that could be considered "development" too. What did you have in mind? If it's a parameter that has to be passed with the events then you will have to change the event and hence the BOR (i.e. sub-delegate).

regards

Rick Bakker

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Jon

You HAVE to do a development for additional parameters! No Workarounds or config!

regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick

I am actually a functional consultant.  We have a couple of requirements.  The first one works great i.e. using a specific ReleaseCode value as a trigger.  It doesn't require a developer key so I am a happy camper for this one.

Another requirement is initial WF triggering using a certain PR State value (BANPR) hence the question.    I now understand it needs to follow the delegation/BOR path.  I'll speak to our DEV team.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it - thank you!

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi John

I would argee with Karri that you can easily create Subtypes of BUS2105 and do a delegation between the two. Then using BUS2105, you can access your new attributes and methods.

here is a step by step guide on this:

Business Object Delegation - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Modak