cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM Security Web Dynpro's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am configuring SAP PLM ACM and have some questions.  My first for this (my very first post ever!) is how can I find out more about the PLM Web Dynpro's?

How do I know what to put in for Application Config?

How do I know what parameters to put in for the specific dynpro's?

And how do I find the field values for the value column?  No drop down available.

so far for /PLMU/WDA_MBOM_OIF I know it is I = Create, C = Change, D = Display.

Are there more?  Any help would be appreciated.

kb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your response, it looks like I have been doing everything correctly so far.  I still have the question of what activities are availble for the parameter value in the Web Dynpro.  So far, from reading the SAP delivered roles, I have found only I, C, D for Create, Change and Display.

Are there also values for Delete, Execute, Display Change Documents, Enter Include Assign etc.?

Maybe a table similar to TACT?

Thanks,

kb

Former Member
0 Kudos

You must be talking about FRW_MODE? There are only those 3 values and they affect the FPM Integration of the Service Provider (FSI), in what mode the application is started. See Application Controller - Service Provider Infrastructure (SPI) - SCN Wiki for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am talking about both PLM_MODE and FRW_MODE.  So there is only I, C, D.

Thank you.

Next question.

Is there a way to stop users from creating a Process Route in the WebUI?  When I restrict on say Document Status changes, that all works fine, but if I click on Process routes, it seems there are no authority checks, and I can just add one.  Trace file shows no checks.

Thanks you all for all your help.

kb

Former Member
0 Kudos

AFAIK there are no PLM specific Process Route authorizations but since PLM Process Routes are built on top of Case Management, there should be plenty to choose from. See application area BC-SRV-CM for details. If you prefer not to display the Process Routing tab at all in case some authorization is missing, it can be easily done by an enhancement. The Process Route tab (UIBB) is dynamically added in OVERRIDE_EVENT if the required business function is active.

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

you can hide/remove it from the UI with WebDynpro development. It is a quite easy change if you have a developer.

Best regards

Tamas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello again,

Access Control Management (ACM) - Authorizations and Access Control Context (PLM-WUI-APP-ACC) - SAP ...

As a feature of ACM is the Access Control List.

You use an access control list (ACL) to restrict or expand the activities for a user to access a single instance of an object (material, material BOM, document, or change number). 

You can specify the following authorizations:

• All Objects: All Activities, Change, Display, Delete, and No Authority
  • Document, Material and Change Number: Enter, Include, Assign (Reuse)

AND others : see here->

Access Control List - Authorizations and Access Control Context (PLM-WUI-APP-ACC) - SAP Library

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

here is a step by step guide how to setup ACC:

Setting up Authorizations and ACCs - SAP Documentation

Best regards

Tamas

former_member183072
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I know correctly SAP provides for customers, a guide how to configure the ACM.

Access Control Management is fully respected within PLM Web UI (Webdynpro applications). That means:

• authorizations checks are performed when trying to access PLM objects
  • context can be assigned to PLM objects

IMG ® Logistics - General ® Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) ® PLM Web User Interface ® PLM Web Applications à PLM Authorizations and Access Control Context

Please have a look over the IMG documentation before for each of the branches.

Regards,

Hancila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the standard menu roles as basis of your work.