Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colombia legal invoice number requirement

former_member637985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi

For Legal numbering requirement for Colombia, I do not see a specific node in the configuration for this. Colombia does not use pre-printed forms, so we cannot use IDCP.

We are in the process of implementing SAP for some of the Latin countries. We have the solution working for Venezuela and Mexico, Venezuela using IDCP and Mexico using the country specific nodes in the configuration. But SAP does not provide a node specifically for Costa Rica or Colombia.

Has anyone does this before. We have figured out there is a userexit that can be implemented to update the XBLNR field for Colombia. But before we implement this userexit I want to take a second opinion.

SAP has been non-responsive to our OSS message.

Thx

Amar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

RBM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

There is no special configuration for Colombia, you could use the standard for this country.

What kind of value you want to fill on XBLNR field?, because you do not need a user exit to populate it you could use the copy control instead.

Hope this helps!

former_member637985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi Rafael

The official numbering for Colombia that the business has provided us looks like this COLXXXXX.

Eg. COL12929.

Can you please point out how this be done via copy control ?

Thx

Amar

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

This you cannot achieve using Copy Controls

As stated already you have to use user exit "USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE"

In the transaction Code SNRO, you can create your own number range object as required and call this to the user exit. Your Abaper would be able to call this to the user exit

thanks

santosh

former_member637985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Santosh for your reply. But I am trying to persue a standard solution for this. Userexits are always there and provide a good alternate. Something like this where it is a Country's legal requirement should be provided by SAP as part of the country package.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

I don't see any specific node for official document numbering specific to Colombia.

Better to go with the exit, we used the user exit by creating a new Numbering object specific to Colombia in SNRO and populated this using user exit

former_member637985
Discoverer
0 Kudos

hi Vemuri

Thx for your reply. In your solution did you have a new billing type specific for Colombia ? If you did, we are trying to avoid doing that and want to use the standard F2.

Thx

Amar

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

You can very well use F2 Billing document. As i stated earlier the user exit has to be called with different number range created in SNRO and enable this only for your Columbia Sales Area

you can use the user exit "USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE"

thanks

santosh