cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when creating Quotation: Valuation with material cost estimate: error with product "XXXXX" (KE350)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day.

I am creating a quotation (transaction VA21) and the system is issuing error message KE350 stating that it was not able to find a material cost estimate. I checked the material master and the error is logical, the material has no price released.

What I do not understand is why the system is checking for this when creating a quotation. In my opinion the outcome of this transaction should not have any effect in COPA.

The valuation strategy is defined for record type "F" and for point of valuation 01 "real time valuation of actual data" and 02 "periodic revaluation of actual data", thus I think valuation should work when billing and when running periodic valuation (transaction KE27). If any of you can tell me why the system is asking for material cost estimate when creating a quotation I would be glad.

Cheers.

Juan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Because condition type such as "VPRS"(cost) get COGS of the material which is copied from

Material Master using the price control of the material.

Even if there is no standard cost in the material master, you can create quotation using t-code "VA21".

But, you release standard cost before you create billing document.