cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass Prompt Values dynamically from the custom z table in SAP BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to pass the values from table to Prompts when we are running data manager packages. Lets assume suppose if the user wants to maintain the prompt values in the table and when he run the data manager those values to be passed to the prompt of the data manager automatically.

Any Suggestions...

Thanks in Advance,

Siva Nagaraju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

What do you want to do with the Prompt values in DM package? Use in script logic or?

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Actually this question asked me in one of the interview. So I tried to check in multiple ways and posted here to get a better help.

It is like if some of the users not familiar with DM Packages and Prompts know, so them we can allow them to maintain the values in the Custom table easily and those values will be populated automatically when running the DM Package.

So wanted to check like is there any possibility.

Siva

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Sorry, but here we are not discussing theoretical questions asked on the interview... We are talking about real business cases. Please search forum on: UJD_TEST_PACKAGE

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I gone through the blogs which are related to UJD_TEST_PACKAGE, you mean to say we can achieve this with the help of 'Answer Prompt' file which we are going to keep it in UJFS to populate Prompt Values dynamically

Thanks,

Siva

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Another way is to simply hardcode prompt values in the DM advanced script, or///

There is no universal solution, everything depends on business requirements!

Vadim