Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seasonal PMs

vardhan_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where we have ON season and OFF season maintenance. If I create 2 seperate plans for equipment, what is the best way to control the ON season and OFF season plans?

The dormant period will be typically from OCT 15 to June 15. I am not sure how to conttrol this effectively using standard functionalities. Suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kalyan_chakravarthi6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create a separate Factory Calander by maintaining the special rules in that.If you use this FC, system automatically skips the non maintenance period.

Please find the document in the below link which I have created, this might be useful to you.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48570

Best Regards

Kalyan

vardhan_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. I have proposed the same. Hope that works out. Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you looked into using the Cycle Modification Factor, part of the maintenance plan's scheduling parameters?

Paul

vardhan_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Paul,

Could you elaborate how I can use it for this purpose?

I am Not sure whether Cycle modification factor helps..I need to control plans in Mass..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, well you would have to develop something to change the Cycle Modification Factor en mass as there is no Mass Change functionality for maintenance plans in the standard system (that I know of).

Paul

vardhan_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Cycle modification factor needs to be updated so that the cycle is updated...which also needs a custom dev fr mass change...

There is a maintenance plan mass change program under aerospace package...I am looking in to the impact of activating it for CPG industry template...

I am wondering how I can use scheduling period to somehow manage the planned dates for seasonal plans..

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go for 2 factory calendars one for each season.

vardhan_s2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

If I go with factory calender, I have to use scheduling indicator 'factory calender' right? But I need to use TIME based scheduling indicator as the planned dates needs to be generated based on days. How can I manage that?

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may have to use User Exit IPRM002 then.