Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download transport request to server on a HANA system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

On a non-HANA system I am used to downloading transport requests to the server by following these instructions:

scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45570

On the HANA system the directories 'cofiles' and 'data' are empty and I have not been able to locate the transport files (K-files) in any other directory.

Also the transactions CG3Y and CG3Z dont exist etc.

Anybody know how to go about this on a HANA system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this has nothing to do with the underlying database system, it's a configuration for the Application Server, so HANA systems are configured in the way you are used to it.

You can have a look at the transport log files for the request, i.e. F6 in SE09 on your request followed by Ctrl+F6 on the export log. You can find the location of the control files and the data files there.

Are there errors in the transport logs, i.e. has there been errors during export?

Cheers,

Jasmin

4 REPLIES 4

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this has nothing to do with the underlying database system, it's a configuration for the Application Server, so HANA systems are configured in the way you are used to it.

You can have a look at the transport log files for the request, i.e. F6 in SE09 on your request followed by Ctrl+F6 on the export log. You can find the location of the control files and the data files there.

Are there errors in the transport logs, i.e. has there been errors during export?

Cheers,

Jasmin

0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

thanks for your answer. I am not sure I understood your instruction, but I went into the released transport and tried to view the action log. The message I get there is:

Log File:            /usr/sap/trans/actlog/[SID]900034.[SID]

No log entries found

Both in AL11 and when loggin on with PUTTY I see that there is no directory '/actlog' underneath '/usr/sap/trans'.

Pls note that it is a single system landscape, so there is no transport route. Any further suggestions?

0 Kudos

Hey Mr Me,

If I am not wrong, In single system you multiple instance with Development, Quality and Production server or you have only proudction server.

If you landscape invole all Dev, Quality or production server on single machine. You must define the transport route and set the background job which pick the you imported request.

0 Kudos

Solved by installing a transport route