cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Number Origins Within BSEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone

Hope I've selected the correct space for this posting,  Please let me know if what I'm asking doesn't make sense.

I am looking at multiple ways to get data contained in BSEG without actually using BSEG.  I know, this is a rather old topic of sorts.  Without going into a lot of detail, I will just say that I want to hit actual SAP DB tables and not utilize SAP app layer (this is not from within SAP).  I am familiar with many of the BSIx and BSAx tables.  For the most part they provide what is needed.  I recently came across something though that I cannot resolve.  I am having a difficult time determining exactly where best to get the material number (MATNR) from BSEG.  Being a clustered table, I would expect that I can find anything seen through BSEG in the app layer within a transparent DB table.  I'm hitting a dead end with the material number.  I realize BSIM exists but it does not cover everything.  Manual journals with material numbers would not be in BSIM.  I've tracked much of the data to profit center table GLPCA but that doesn't have it all either (not all material movements).  I also doubt the material number seen in BSEG is being referenced from profit center accounting at run time, but what do I know.  I understand the accounting doc to material doc connection but again, that is only if there is an actual material movement.... not all cases.

Could someone help me with where the material field is coming from?  I expected there was a single underlying table and assumed BSIM was it, but no such luck. 

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why don't you try to give logic as to get material number select only those line items from BSEG which is equal to 'W'.

In short BSEG - BUZID = 'W'.

As 'W' denotes GR/IR item and material is populated on this line item only

Hope this solves your issue else revert.

Regards,

Tejas

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Did you try by Query? SQVI it is a good option when is needed to research. In the past i did one to research document types inserting in the selection amounts.

JPA