cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lumira Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do we need Lumira Server, when we have the Lumira Desktop to build visualizations and import into Lumira Cloud and access it anywhere.

What is the purpose of Lumira Server?

Regards.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Based on the assumption that putting your data into the Cloud will not breach any security, policy, legislative or other constraints, then Cloud provides a good way to store and share information. Using the Cloud would provide all the benefits of the Cloud that are currently being promoted in the mass media. Here is an article on the subject of Cloud benefits:

http://blogs.sap.com/innovation/cloud-computing/6-benefits-of-cloud-computing-032893

Obviously this cloud option might not be for everyone depending on individual circumstances (as ourlined by Boris above). In support of this I see that Michael has also pointed out above that connections can be made to both Cloud and On-Premise Lumira solutions.

The choice is yours!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Lumira Server is our On-Premise solution for managing Lumira contents. If you plan to deploy and manage HANA in your On-Premise environment, then you will need Lumira Server. You can learn more in here: Server : SAP Lumira.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

While at on-Premise, I can still use Lumira Desktop to connect to a on-premise HANA system and build the visualizations and publish it to Lumira Cloud, right.

What's is that I am going to get extra from Lumira Server?  I understand it's an on-Premise solution and the end users can build their visualizations and storyboard locally in their Desktop and publish it to Lumira Server, similar to publishing it to Lumira Cloud.

But I don't understand the differences/benefits or value proposition of having Lumira Server.

appreciate your prompt response.

Regards.

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can use Lumira Desktop to connect to both Cloud and On-Premise Lumira solutions. The main differences is TCO.

SAP Lumira Cloud provides zero TCO and always up and running with latest SAP Lumira and SAP HANA. It also provides data service integration by leveraging Hana Cloud Integration (HCI) ()

SAP Lumira Server is On-Premise Solution and it leverages On-Premise HANA security models to secure Lumira contents. It has higher TCO as customers will have full control to maintain the lifecycle of Lumira, and HANA. For example, if customer is already deployed with HANA in their landscape and have other applications running on it like ECC, SAP Fiori applications, etc, then Lumira Server will be a good fit here which helps to provide analytic insights in HANA (e.g SAP HANA Live views).

Hope this help.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Another difference is where your data is stored (on premise vs. cloud), and whether or not your company or other (e.g. provincial or federal) legislative rules allow the data to be uploaded/stored in a cloud based solution (potentially outside of your country).

Regards,

Boris