Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Career Change

Hello -

I was looking for some career advice.

At the moment i am working as an accounting manager in a large corporation.  We recently implemented SAP and i am a user for SAP ECC and SRM.  My company recently asked me to get the SAP Project System to track the costs of projects instead of only cost centers.  I have no SAP experience -i would just answer the project manager's questions and check the data after implementation.  After working with some of the consultants and hearing how much we are paying them i got to thinking that maybe i should switch careers...

My Background: I am a CPA and i have worked in Accounting and Finance for 6 years.  I started as an analyst but now i'm a manager.  My skill is analysis, i can sit down with executives and explain financials to them and help make decisions.

At this time i am earning about $135,000 a year plus benefits but i am super ambitious and want to earn more. Also, i love to learn new things.

What SAP career path would you suggest for me based on my background?  Are there any concerns about the market getting too saturated?  There are a lot of people in Chicago who are trying to become SAP consultants so this kind of made me a bit nervous but i still hear about some folks earning $200,000 a year so that is why i am really interested.  I thought with my accounting skills and end user experience i could be more marketable but that's just my theory, i understand it may not even matter.

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question