Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling maintenance plans

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

This is my client requirement. there are multiple maintenance plans for equipments  in which different maintenance task lists are assigned. Now client want to schedule all the maintenance plans at once and the maintenance orders should be created only one time. After that they will complete the orders. Again whenever they want schedule should be done and orders should be generated for only one time. Can we do this with IP30 ? Please Suggest me.

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

I think you have got enough replies from the experts to solve your query.

As you said, you want to generate multiple Maintenance plan calls at a time but for a particular plan only one call should be raised in this case I would summarize all the answers above as:

1. Use common sort field in all the maintenance plans.

2. in (manual)IP30 use the sort field and generate the calls in once and whenver you need to raise a call.

And also, I would add one more option here i.e.,

3. Tick the field "Completion Requirement" in "Maintenance plan scheduling parameters" tab just in case the system would not create new order/ notification if one is already open.

Hope this solves your query.

Please provide the feedback.

Chin2.

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chint2

I got the useful information. But if we follow IP30 and schedule the plan, It will generate orders according to the frequency. But i want the plan to generate the orders only once. That means whenever I want the orders I should generate. Whenever they get permission from the production department they should generate orders in a mass and complete. After this the schedule must stop. Again whenever they want they should again generate Orders.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Actually this is not a planned maintenance then. Hence, you might not get any direct solution for this but, what you may do is as under:

1. Create a measuring point (counter based) for the common Functional Location where all your required Equipments are installed with desired Unit of Measure (also please ensure to input higher annual estimate say For ex: 999999).

2. Create all your required Task Lists with Performance based Strategy (with unit of measure same as used in above measuring point).

3. Maintain Maintenance Package of all task list Operations as 1 UNIT.

4. Create a Counter Based Maintenance plan (only one) with Multiple Maintenance Items for all the required Equipments selecting Counter as measuring point created (also Tick the field "Completion Requirement" if you require that no duplicate calls are generated).

5. Schedule your Maintenance plan.

6. Create a Measurement document for above mentioned Measuring Point (with 1 UNIT everytime) Whenever you require the order to be generated.

7. Perform deadline Monitoring (IP30) or maintenance plan schedule (IP10) for generating your call.

The above steps would ensure you the below points from your requirement:

1. Measuring point having high annual estimate, it will not generate the call automatically(very frequently) so you may decide when to get the call based on your measuring point.

2. Creating one single Maintenance plan with mulitple Maintenance items will make your work easy as you have to work with single maintenance plan yet different orders for different Equipments (based on maintenance items you have created).

Hope this solves your query.

Please do tell me if there is any clarification required.

Chin2.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chin2,

It would be much easier/simpler to use the Manual Call option described above which would provide the same results..

PeteA

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

PeteA,

You are absolutely right but I have questions here:

1. In this case, what frequency he would set for the maintenance plan?

2. Will system not generate the automatic calls after the manual calls (assuming that maintenance plan is not started)?

I have given the above reply as I have seen system behaviour automatically picking up current date/ maintenance plan creation date and generating auto calls (i.e., it is automatically starting the maintenance plan once raised a manual call).

Hope I was not wrong and sorry if my feedback was incorrect.

Chin2.

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chin2

Thank you very much. If I add multiple maintenance items in a single maintenance plan, then multiple orders will be generated for multiple maintenance items? If so it will be helpful and it will solve my problem.

Thanks

Ramesh

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Yes, each Maintenance Item will create one order based on your requirement. Creating/ Assigning each Maintenance item in maintenance plan will ask you to assign separate order type as well as separate task lists.

Advisory to use multiple maintenance items only when you are creating all maintenance orders at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Chin2.

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chin2

Based on the process you explained, I am trying to follow below process. suggest me If any mistakes.

Create multiple maintenance items for multiple equipment s

Create a single cycle plan and put cycle frequency more years.

then using MANUAL CALL  in the maintenance plan schedule,  I will generate the orders whenever needed.

Is it possible ?

Regards

Ramesh

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

What you are mentioning here is same what Sebastian Lenartowicz has written in his previous replies to your post.

And yes it is very much possible.

My only concern in this case was the maintenance plan may auto start picking up the Current date/ Maintenance plan creation date by defualt as it has done in my case.

Request you to check this concern at your end and create accordingly.

Chin2.

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Chin2

Thank You

Ramesh

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Chintan,

I must disagree on one of the points:  ensure to input higher annual estimate say For ex: 999999

A higher Annual Estimate, means that more activity is expected within a year , thus more Cycles of 1 Unit will fit in the (projected) scheduling period.

I'd say either input the Annual Estimate as '1' (if you would generate the Orders more often than a year apart)  or just omit it entirely.

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian Lenartowicz,

Thank you so much for correcting my answer.

You are right Annual estimate is supposed to be minimum possible hence should be considered as "1".

But, I still have a doubt on omitting it entirely.

Anyways, my question would mislead the thread I would check the same at my end.

But thanks once again for correcting.

ramesh nanduri,

Please correct my previous reply as per suggested by Sebastian.

Sorry for incorrect reply.

Chin2.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure what Author is still looking for.

Unless you have manual intervention, orders can be created using Maintenance Plan.

If you have manual intervention (Production department approval & order creation based on that approval), then either create orders manually or do the manual calls using IP10.

Author is repeating the same query again & again which will never end this thread. Solutions have been given. Adapting either one is to be decided by the Author.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many threads in this forum & SAP help about Preventive Maintenance steps. Suggest you to read those to get the basic understanding about Preventive Maintenance.

To answer your query,

Its not possible to schedule those in IP30. IP30 will schedule even if there are some previous orders. So you should schedule them in IP10 with manual call. Based on your required order date, you can schedule the manual calls for those maintenance plans.

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran

Thanks for your response. But if i follow IP10, I should do it for each and every Maintenance Plan. Is it possible to do at a time?

Thanks & Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not possible to do cumulatively. You can have / develop some program to run the scheduling in IP10 together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

You can maintain a common sort field, while creating your single cycle maintenance plans and then while scheduling the Maintenance Plans via IP30, use the sort field, as a criteria to create your variant. This way you can schedule all your Maintenance Plans relevant to the sort field at a time..

Regards,

Joydeep..

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or if the volume of maintenance plans are low, just add the plan number to IP30.

PeteA

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joy deep

Thanks for your response. This is very useful but according to my requirement once we schedule the plans orders should be generated immediately and only once. after completing this orders, If they want to generate the orders again when they wanted. so there must be no frequency cycle. how should we do this?

Thanks in advace

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

I think as per your requirement, you can also include the criteria "Call objects for n days". In this you can define a period, limited to the date of first call object.By this way system will generate only the first call objects of the Plan

Try out this, hope this will serve your purpose.

Regards,

Joydeep..

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

Set up a plan, but don't schedule it.

Then use the Manual Call option in IP10 to manually call the orders.

You cannot use IP30 with this option.

PeteA

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Ramesh,

I understand that you want to create multiple Work Orders at the same time?

You could create a singular Plan with multiple Items,and:

- perform a manual call when required

- use a Strategy with Offset

- use a Counter

former_member186967
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian

If I create a single cycle plan with multiple maintenance items, Are the orders will be created for each item?  Please explain with steps. I am new to SAP.

Ramesh