Scheduling maintenance plans
This is my client requirement. there are multiple maintenance plans for equipments in which different maintenance task lists are assigned. Now client want to schedule all the maintenance plans at once and the maintenance orders should be created only one time. After that they will complete the orders. Again whenever they want schedule should be done and orders should be generated for only one time. Can we do this with IP30 ? Please Suggest me.
Chintan Budhbhatti replied
Actually this is not a planned maintenance then. Hence, you might not get any direct solution for this but, what you may do is as under:
1. Create a measuring point (counter based) for the common Functional Location where all your required Equipments are installed with desired Unit of Measure (also please ensure to input higher annual estimate say For ex: 999999).
2. Create all your required Task Lists with Performance based Strategy (with unit of measure same as used in above measuring point).
3. Maintain Maintenance Package of all task list Operations as 1 UNIT.
4. Create a Counter Based Maintenance plan (only one) with Multiple Maintenance Items for all the required Equipments selecting Counter as measuring point created (also Tick the field "Completion Requirement" if you require that no duplicate calls are generated).
5. Schedule your Maintenance plan.
6. Create a Measurement document for above mentioned Measuring Point (with 1 UNIT everytime) Whenever you require the order to be generated.
7. Perform deadline Monitoring (IP30) or maintenance plan schedule (IP10) for generating your call.
The above steps would ensure you the below points from your requirement:
1. Measuring point having high annual estimate, it will not generate the call automatically(very frequently) so you may decide when to get the call based on your measuring point.
2. Creating one single Maintenance plan with mulitple Maintenance items will make your work easy as you have to work with single maintenance plan yet different orders for different Equipments (based on maintenance items you have created).
Hope this solves your query.
Please do tell me if there is any clarification required.