Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Route Determination

Hello Guru's,

I just want to know if it is possible to force system to redetermine route every time I change Request Delivery Date, Any user exit?

Actually what is happening right now

I have maintained three routes against each Shipping Condition and with the help of a User exit system is selecting appropriate route based on Request Delivery date and gives us confirmed Schedule line.

Now if I change delivery date from 15th to 12th, I want system to do that process again and select the appropriate route.

Any thoughts please? Mind you we always meet Customer Requested Delivery Date

Regards,

Khawar

replied

Function Module SD_ROUTE_DETERMINATION is where the route gets determined in the code. The problem for you is that when you change the delivery date, this function will not get re-triggered. It is correct that it is not being called after a change to the delivery date as the delivery date is not one of the criteria for determining the route.

The following could be an approach:

1) Copy FM SD_ROUTE_DETERMINATION to a Z Function. This is necessary because FM SD_ROUTE_DETERMINATION is not released.

2) In user exit USER_EXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_VBEP, you could call function Z_SD_ROUTE_DETERMINATION. In here, you have access to all the parameters required for a successful route determination:

KUWEV-LAND1

KUWEV-LZONE

VBAK-VSBED

MAAPV-TRAGR

TVST-ALAND

TVST-AZONE

3) Get the route determined by Z_SD_ROUTE_DETERMINATION (the user exits within this function should determine it according to your own logic) and pass the value to VBAP-ROUTE.

I am not sure that the above will work as I have not tested it. But it may give you an idea on the direction you wish to take.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question