Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting for code based consumable material in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Just a scenario I want to discuss with You all:

Earlier were using  non-stock items (no material code,only text to procure materials) and projects were consuming it. Now, we are going to use material codes to procure non-stock items which now have master code for it now the requirement for this process is as below.

• At the time of GRN system pick project G/L(Profit and loss account G/L ) with account assignment S (or Q ) and respective WBS
  • While transferring  the left over project qty to another project ,accounting document is to be created .
  • Warehouse want to track to moved  quantity as well  from project to project and to own stock .

considering these requirement  i m working on two logic.

Logic 1 .

I configured the material as value based material  so that while doing GRN  project WBS  is debiting

and after consumption  of partial material quantity,  I am transferring the remaining cost of project to another project by  t-code KB61N or KB11N  where cost is moving from project to project .

now to show quantity movement  i am developing one report which can show the quantity based on moved Price lets  say if unit prince is 10 and 200 cost is transferring from project to project  means 20 qty is moving  in customized report .

Logic 2

With the help of BADI or some development a virtual storage location  will be created on MIGO screen 

and material will be fetched in this virtual storage location while doing GRN as a referance purpose

and the same location to be used during transferring material from project to project

let me know how far this logic and requirement is correct to code the consumable material and it  is  going to be  codified for reporting purpose .

your earliest response will be appreciable .

Thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen

Note is helpful to analyses the requirement .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgan  ,

scenario is like ,

earlier for these material , material record was not existing

but now business  want to create material  master for such consumable material for tracking purpose

and these codified material is to procured under WBC and profit and loss account G/L not inventory G/L (balance sheet G/l )

and to pick profit loss G/L  i made material as valuate material only  so that can populate accounting document while transferring value from project to project via  KB61N or KB11N

now what value is transferring from project to project that will be picked in terms of quantity (unit value conversion to quantity )  in customized report

hope scenario is clear now ..let me know if any query you have  to give your valuable inputs

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, it did not get clearer to me.

If warehouse want to track movements and store quantity that coming back from projects, then I can just say that creating Non-stock materials was the wrong solution., as you could already know from the name that a non-stock material cannot have any stock. And without stock no movements can be tracked except the goods receipt, but this was already possible without material master.

If you want no inventory value but track quantity and movements, then you have to give the folks a UNBW material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen ,

Business wants to track quantity and value both for project based items ( which are to be material coded now )

Considering this , in test server i am procuring these material under account assignment Q w.r.t. to WBS .Now system is picking Inventory G/L but not project G/L

So my query is - Is  there any OBYC  setting where during GRN system pick project G/l but not inventory G/l 

Thanks .

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please read about the design in OSS note: 533207 - Valuated and nonvaluated project stock

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look what you wrote:

Now, we are going to use material codes to procure non-stock items

Requirement: Warehouse want to track to moved  quantity as well  from project to project and to own stock .

Isn't it already contradictory?