Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the parameters in already existing schedules from backend

samratmuddasani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently I'm working on BO XIR2 and crystal reports XI R2. We have almost 200 reports in the environment which are scheduled.

Recently we have upgraded our oracle database. Now I have pointed the reports to the new database and updated with new oracle ID and passwords in the reports. Now the reports are running fine but the schedules are failing with below error.

Data\procSched\xxx.xxx.xx.xxx.com.jobserver\~tmp822c81cbf55bff13.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 1005 ]

I went to that folder in the server but was unable to fine a file named ~tmp822c81cbf55bff13.rpt and the folder is actually blank.

So can any one suggest me how to update parameters of schedules in back end. If not, what can be done next. Read many sites and blogs and dint find a satisfying answer.

Thanks in advance,

Samrat Muddasani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The challenge with Crystal schedules in BO is that they contain a copy of the report and it's configuration as it existed at the time it was scheduled.  This means that even though you've updated the default configuration on the report templates, that did not propagate down to the schedules for that template.

You have a couple of options:

1.  Manually reschedule each of the reports with the new database credentials.

2.  See if there's a third-party tool available to do this.  A good place to start the search for one is www.kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html.

3.  Write code using either the Java or the .NET SDK to update the schedules.

-Dell

samratmuddasani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response Dell.

Can you please suggest me the tool to update the database credentials. Also let me know if I can find .NET SDK code to update the schedules.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't used any tool for this - but the link I gave you above is a good place to start looking to see whether one is available.

There are links to .NET sample code and a lot of other information about the SDK here:  http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/microsoft-net-sdk

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samrat,

Dell's suggestion is the best approach...Myself same point elaborate screenshot wise

No special tool is not used to update the database credentials. Go through the manual eschedule each of the reports with the new database credentials.

And one more point if you want to know how to schedule the report via code, take a look at the following tutorial:

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/en/BOE_SDK/boesdk_dotNet_doc/doc/boe...

Thanks,

DJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

samratmuddasani
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you Dell for your valuable suggestions.