Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 default language

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everone!

I have a problem with setting a default language for my sapui5 app. I've found the information that in order to set a language during initialization the data-sap-ui-language="en" parameter has to be added (SAP HANA Developer Guide - SAP Library).

The thing is that when I test the app localy (using proxy and Tomcat) it works fine, language is always set to English, but .. when I submit the app's code to SAP repository and run it as the BSP application it doesn't see this parameter (I've checked inside sap-ui-core.js and there is a method which returns a default value for language parameter, which is my web broser language - it uses windows.navigator.language property).

However, when I use the url parameter (sap-language=EN) it works fine, but the value is easy to be changed by end users, so I'd like to set it inside the code.

I would be very grateful for any help you can provide!

Tomasz Sobkowiak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mauriciolauffer
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can set the language to the Core or to the ResourceModel.

Core:

sap.ui.getCore().getConfiguration().setLanguage("pt-BR");

ResourceModel:

var i18nModel = new sap.ui.model.resource.ResourceModel({

bundleUrl : "./i18n/messageBundle.properties",

bundleLocale : "pt-BR"

});

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mauricio,

thanks for an answer, but it doesn't fix altogether the issue. Now some of the labels are translated, but a few controls are not, i.e. placeholder of sap.m.Search uses the following method:

this.setProperty('placeholder', sap.ui.getCore().getLibraryResourceBundle('sap.m').getText('FACETFILTER_SEARCH'), true)

and the resource bundle has different language then 'en' (it has the language of the web browser).

It seems that sap.ui.getCore().getConfiguration().setLanguage("en") doesn't matter, only bundleLocal : "en" changes something.

Best regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

I even tried to set the language in the following way:

<script type="text/javascript">

window["sap-ui-config"] = {

"language" : "en"

}

</script>

<script src="resources/sap-ui-core.js" type="text/javascript"

id="sap-ui-bootstrap"

data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m,sap.ca.common.uilib, sap.ui.commons,sap.ui.table, sap.ui.layout, sap.ca.ui"

data-sap-ui-xx-preloadlibcss="!sap.ca.common.uilib"

data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal"

data-sap-ui-xx-bindingSyntax="complex">

</script>

instead of:

script src="resources/sap-ui-core.js" type="text/javascript"

id="sap-ui-bootstrap" data-sap-ui-language="en"

data-sap-ui-libs="sap.m,sap.ca.common.uilib, sap.ui.commons,sap.ui.table, sap.ui.layout, sap.ca.ui"

data-sap-ui-xx-preloadlibcss="!sap.ca.common.uilib"

data-sap-ui-theme="sap_bluecrystal"

data-sap-ui-xx-bindingSyntax="complex">

but nothing changes.

It only changes if I use ?sap-language=EN url paramteter, which I'd like to avoid.

btw. I use 1.22.4 version of SAPUI5.

Best regards

Tomasz Sobkowiak

former_member226851
Participant
0 Kudos

I finally managed to fix the issue. I've added the data-sap-ui-xx-supportedLanguages="en" parameter, and now everywhere in my app is english language. I know that this is an experimental feature, so I would be grateful for a stable solution.

Moreover to ignore URL parameters I've used data-sap-ui-ignoreUrlParams="true".

Best regards,

Tomasz Sobkowiak

Answers (0)