Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to know smartform is printed or not

nandishm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

In my report i am calling my smartforms function module , when i selected  PREVIEW - 'X'  its showing preview before print .

But in project requirement is to print smartform directly without preview, but as I have to do testing,..... so I need to know whether smartform is printing or not, there is no printer device in testing .

So is there any way to know smartform is printing or not while testing without printer ....

Thanks...........

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If there isn't a printer device, you can't test your smartform, so what do you main?

Anyway you can get the result from fm of your smartform in order to know what's done, for example you can get spool ID

Max

0 Kudos

hi max ..

I can test with help print preview ......

But how can test i test printing process..... can you explain me that spool ID concept

0 Kudos

Is there any need to create a dummy printer for spool ID ...

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A Smartform cannot be printing if there is no printer, so answer is always "NO"

Could you create a dummy printer in SPAD with box "Lock printer in SAP system" checked. So you will get some warning/popup but will be able to find your generated spool with SP02/SP01.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned in earlier replies first create a local printer in SAP using SPAD and later install "Print to PDF"  Software tool like dopdf which act as a Dummy Printer and you can even find them and assign them as default printer in "Devices and Printers" options of Windows.