cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI statistics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on BW 7.4 and got a requirement to check the performance of the objects in BW system.

For this I need to install the BI statistics from the Business content.

I want to know what are all the objects(cubes,DSO's, Reports, Multi providers,Info objects, process chains)  need to be installed as part of BI statistics.

Do we have all the objects which I mentioned above as part of Statistics.

What should I do to install every object which helps to check the performance of the objects. If share if anybody has got the list of all the objects which are part of BI statistics.

Please needed a clear and more information on this.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

priyanka_kumari23
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

BI Statistics are the objects which is provided by SAP to measure the performance of system objects like time take by a query , data loading etc. So , as per your requirement you can install the objects from BI content.

And yes you have to install all the flow from scratch . If you want to run particular statistics everyday than install related OTCT  process chain as well.

Thanks,

Priyanka

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar,

the best would be if you just follow SAP Note:

934848 - Collective note: (FAQ) BI Administration Cockpit

which described installation of BI statistics. The statistics is BW functionality which provides insight on system performance. The note is step-by-step guide to install the stat.

cheers

m./

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narag

Small Clarification

0BWTC* --- These are related to BW technical content.

e.g Deleting data from Infocube

0TCT* -- These are more of backend technical

e.g. Database Volume Statistics

So, I request you to install 0BWTC*

Basing on the description you can understand what all you need.

Finally, you are correct. Entire process will be installed including Queries built on those cubes.

Please let me know if you need some more info.

Thanking you

Suvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar

Install all the objects with 0TCT*

Suvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Suvesh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do I have to install all the objects starting with OTCT* or is there any way to choose some of them.

And if I see in the content there are objects with BWCT* ,  do I have to install?

If I install all OTCT* objects then the entire flow(transformations, datasources,, reports ) will everything get installed.

Are there any specific process chains for these statistics data flows.

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagar

1. You have activate the BI Administration Cockpit and Technical Content.

2. Kindly refer the SCN link

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0e5ca3b-95ce-2b10-4d94-864ab29a8...

BR

SS