cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Company Data From A iMIS Database

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm using crystal 9 & iMIS 20.1.

In our database we have setup a Key Contact relationship between a person & a company. A person can be the Key Contact at a company other than the one that's listed on their record in which they are linked by a CO_ID (company ID).  The only link to the 2nd company is thru the relationship id.

I'm trying to get the report to return both company names that the person has a relationship with of Key Contact.  I've linked ID from the Name table to the Target_ID in the Relationship Table.  When I run the crystal it's returning both Company ID's (which it should) but only the name of the company that the person is linked to by the CO_ID.

How do I get both company names to show?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DJ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I wanted to update this post since I was able to figure out the answer.

I added a second instance of the NAME table in order to get what I needed.

Thanks for your suggestions.

DJ

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello DJ,

Myself also DJ Nice to see with same name  ahhhh...

Regarding your issue I think your try to grouped by CO_ID . Company Name field is having which table.

Can you show the both tables linking with screenshot more help us.

Thanks,

DJ

0 Kudos

Hi DJ,

Well we can never have enough DJ's around....

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there another table you can link to from the Relationship table to get the company names?

-Dell

former_member205840
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dj,

Have you tried Left outer /Right outer joins ?

or

You can create two different reports and insert second one as sub report and link your sub report using CO_ID.

Place your sub report in group or detail sections to display the information.

Thanks,

Sastry

0 Kudos

Hi Sastry,

Yes, I tried both joins but no success.  I'll try a sub report and see - would love to have it a little cleaner but this may be the way to achieve it.

I'm thinking one thing about the relationship table is that it in the Target_Name field there is no data and no field for company (that would make life easier)

Thanks,

DJ