cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Initialize Delta for Generic Data source w/o any Delta enabled field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a generic data source on view w/o any delta field. Requirement is, user wants to see a report on the data which got recorded yesterday. I want to load full history data at once, and then from tomorrow onwards would like to load only delta data (i.e. only new records which got captured/recorded). I have already loaded the history data, now my requirement is I want to do Delta Initialization, so that it won't load all the data again and again into DSO. I'm new to BI and currently working on BI 7.3.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

There are a few points you need to understand.

If you want delta from a datasource it should be delta enabled. And if you are making a generic datasource based on view then you need to select a delta field in RSO2 similar like below:

If you do not want to set a delta field in the exractor in RSO2 then you need following is extractor structure:

1. Atleast one date/timestamp field in table/view

So in this case if you do not set a delta flag then in SAP BW and you have to:

1. Pull always a FULL load from Infopackage

2. In the data seletion part of Infopackage you will have to write a ABAP code which should set the selection conditions dynmically.

With this even if your datasource is FULL load you will get only one day old data and not full data always.

Let me know if this seems too complex for you. I will simplfy further.

Thanks

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am lost here ...no delta field but want delta...pls elaborate what you want to achieve the extractor logic and such

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)In bi side run init with data transfer it is nothing but full load. Next time onword it will pick the delta records.but select lower interval 1 because Your loading data to dso .dso contains overwrite functionality.when you will select lower limit 1, it will start picking oneday before data .

2)you have already did full load so delete the previous request run initwithout datatransfer in infopackage to enable delta .