Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Agentry - Decimal Number in Complex Table Drop Down

I have a complex table with two fields in it.  One is an ID field and the other is a decimal value field.  I tried setting the decimal value field to a Number type but the values got rounded to an integer.  I then changed it back to the default ASCII field type so I could have the full precision.  I am using this complex table for a drop down on a transaction screen.  The value I select in the complex table drop down is getting saved fine without rounding.  However, when I try to use it in a PROD function within an update rule it appears to be rounding the value returned from the drop down.  For example:

ComplexTableDropDownField = 1.5

OtherField = 2

PROD(ComplexTableDropDownField, OtherField) = 2

I have confirmed that it is not rounding the other field and that the rule is working correctly if I hard code the values.  It only seems to round the complex table drop down value.  Any ideas on how to get around this issue?

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

The solutions you suggested were still resulting in a rounded value.  However, I was able to get it to work using the PARSE_FORMATTED_DECIMAL function.  I'm not sure why FROM_DECIMAL_NUMBER wouldn't work.  Here is the working rule:

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question