cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

triggering a BO report based on a database table update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table having columns like Country, Start Date, End Date etc. And I have a webi report having same fields set as prompts. The table has one more column called "Status".

So the requirement is whenever the table has a new row inserted, it takes the values of prompts from the table and triggers the webi report.

Once the report is generated, the status column of the table is updated with "generated" for that record.

Is it possible and how?

Thanks in advance,

Richa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Richa,

You can schedule the report based on file Event. For this you need to drop a file on one location whenever a new row is inserted in table.

If the stored procedure has been used to insert the table row, then you can write the script to drop the file in SP.

Now create a file event in CMC. Schedule the report and choose event name in scheduling option.Schdule it after the file event occurs e.g. if you;re dropping the file at 2:00 PM then schedule the report post this time only. This is event to wait for operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mantu,

Thanks for your reply.

But I need the values added in the table to be used as value for prompt in the Webi report. Is it possible?

former_member190895
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you can also do that!

Create  a new dataprovider and take all the obejcts that you require from table. And in second data provider you can use subquery which will take all the values from first dataprovider. Use inList operator to have all the values.