Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Modify Script - Copy Data Package

Hi,

I have a requirement in BPC 10 to "Copy Data from one category to another one" with the followiing selection using the standard COPY Package:

- Model

- Source Category and Target Category

- Source Time (the target Time should be the same as the source)

I have had a look into this and have a few questions:

- I want the user to select the Model but not sure which prompt should be used. I was thinking of using a COMBO Box as I can hard wire the models in the list but then thought am I ok to ask the user to select the model if there is no standard prompt? Should a different package be created for each model?

- I am trying to configure the selections for category and time. I have used COPYMOVEINPUT for the Categegory and SELECTINPUT for Time but when attempt to run the package the package selection it only seems to pick up is "TIME: 2014.01." It was mentioned I should use the COMBOBOX for category but i dont want to hard code the categories

Thanks,

Former Member
replied

"The final screen still only states that the time selection will be used when running the package (before actually running it). Is there something wrong with the code below." - COMBOBOX selections are not reflected on the final screen. But it's OK!

"Is there any way I can have the selection options of From and To Category without hard wiring it?"

I have to repeat 3rd time! If you use SELECTINPUT to select TIME members for source AND target, then you can't use COPYMOVEINPUT or any other statement that can select members from dimension!!! Only simple prompts like TEXT or COMBOBOX can be used to get string to be combined with result of SELECTINPUT.

This is relevant for the standard copy package! If you use script logic copy - there are no limitations because you can pass variables to script logic using MEMBERSELECTION.

Vadim

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question