Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEtailed scheduling planning board - scalling of objects in the charts

ws
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am wandering if there is a possibility of changing the scale in the graphical planning board in APO PPDS, eg. in the resource chart. in the way that I could change the scale just for a certain period of time or one object.

for example:

the planning period choosen is 10.09.14 to 01.10.14., scale unit is hour, but the duration of some orders or operations is less than a minute. Woud it be possible to somehow change the scale just for 1 day or 1 hour within the shown period? zooming in does not help as then I cannot see the other lines that I need to look at when scheduling that specific order or operation.

thank's for any helpful hint!

br,

Wojtek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

If I understand your intentions correctly, you want to stretch out the time scale.

Just right-click on the time scale bar and select your desired period. It goes down to hours.

It is a manual process. You have to change it back when finished.

Best Regards,

Mike

ws
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thank you for responding to my query.

I know the functionality with the right-click. this unfortunately does not help as the whole time frame is stretched-out => they cannot seen some objects, while the planners would like to strech-out only part of the shown period.

I also checked the possibility of changing the scale down to seconds cause some operations have a duration of less than a minute (timescale editor = double left-click on the scale). But the production is still unhappy. They have seen in some software such a possibility and wish the same in the graphical planning board. they want to see just part of the time frame in another scale so that the objects outside the scale remain in the same time unit but the objects within the considered time frame would be displayed in another time unit.

In the resource chart if you right-click an operation you can select the option shrink/stretch operation => I am not sure if there is sth wrong with my connection but most of the time when I click this option nothing happens. Just a couple of times while clicking on the same operation I manged to get a pop up "change operation duration" where you can define in % the new duration. but have to choose a new duration between "min and max duration" that are in this pop up zero => so I cannot change anything and have no clue where this zeros for min and max come from and in the end if that might solve my problem.

br,

Wojtek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek

As far as I know there is no such option available to change time scale for part of planning period.  Option of strech/Shrink operation is used to increase or decrease duration of operation within defined limits.

I think still you can reach out SAP to check best option you have if this is very much critical.

Regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wojciech,

The zeros for min/max come from Resource. Check in the resource, tab Time-Cont.Capacity , section Factors Influencing Operation duration the Max Stretching/Shrinking allowed %.

F1 - Help will give you all information's tied to this functionality.

Best, Marius

Answers (0)