cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

messages in status "holding" in jdbc adapter (receiver interface)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the problem that when I send messages to the jdbc receiver adapter, sometimes messages get in status "holding" and no data is in the database table.

(same problem as in ).

My message contains multiple inserts, in multiple different tables and this should kept like this, as the sequence is important.

Sometimes data is inserted, sometimes it gets in status "holding", to be monitored with runtime workbench, message monitoring.

I run the latest patches and use AS400 odbc driver.

Any suggestions of how to :

1 - get these messages to status "successful"

2- prevent this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Go to message monitoring and find your msg in Holding state. There is an option to resend it. Click on this button and check if the insert is sucess now. Also make sure, ther is no network delay.

One other option to check is "Disconnect from Database after processing each msg" under Advanced mode and check.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another question, can I delete all messages in the queue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to delete the msgs in queue in SXMB_MONI. Slect the queue name and it will take you to another screen. Here double click on the queue name and you will find all the msgs in the queue here. See if the first entry is errored out.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not true. The messages are NOT in SXMB_MONI queue (the processed all successfully), but they are in the Adapter framework where they get stuck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jan,

Refer this blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnaks (some of you) for help. I have cancelled many many messages and restarted the holding messages.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jan

IS the QOS is your SOAP header EOIO ?

Have you selected the option "Maintain Order at Runtime" in the interface determination?

If yes, then even if one meessgae errors out int he JDBC adapter the rest of them will be in holding waiting for you to resolve the error.

Look into this blog to understand how to resolved mesages in Holding state for EOIO messages,

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/04/27/how-to-deal-with-stuck-eoio-messages-in-the-xi-30-adapter-framework

Regards

Bhavesh

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check in the RWB if any of your previous messages is in error

maybe that's why the rest is in holding

Regards,

michal