cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Cloud Portal Service Not Working!

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I recently tried to change Trusted Identity Providers in my HCP Cockpit to a custom, but soon reverted to standard SAP ID Service. However, now when I am trying to access HANA Cloud Portal, I am simply getting a blank page! This is so frustrating. I am pretty confident that this is a problem with Trust and I am not able to get what is wrong. What can I do to fix this problem?

Can anybody from SAP HCP Team help me here? I was going to make a use case presentation to a client and now it looks like everything is messed up!

Best Regards,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can anybody let me know whether Cloud Portal Infrastructure is again in maintenance mode? I am abel to deploy application and start stop servers. That means, maintenance isn't going on.

Looks like I need to configure IDP from scratch once again to check.

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check your network connectivity with a trace route? Just a thought!

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Yes indeed I did. However, the problem was not with network connectivity. I was able to login to HCP Cockpit. That is when I noticed that I am able to login to Cloud Portal from other system and it dawned on me that I had added proxy exception - *.hanatrial.ondemand.com. I removed this exception, I was able to login to Cloud Portal.

But yesterday, when I posted this thread, SAP HANA Cloud Infrastructure was indeed in maintenance and I was getting error while deploying application to HCP. I noticed the messase that SAP Cloud Infra. is in maintenance mode and will return to usual state after 6.30pm IST.

However, I leanred a lesson here and subscribed to SAP HANA Cloud Platform Notification mailing list. I hope not to face this error again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

Please check the following:

• Did you also configure the IDP settings on the trust section?

• When you make a new SP configuration, you sometimes get a new certificate pair.
    Did you check the trust also on the IDP server?

In addition, you can always switch the settings back to default and use SAP ID.

Best Regards, Amit

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, I have correctly configured everything needed for custom IDP. I was able to test the IDP and I was able to login to Site as well. Switching back to SAP ID isn't helping either.

However, there is something interesting I found while deploying UI5 application to HCP. I got an error that says - Cannot connect to HCP Account, Check log files. When I checked log file, I found below error -

org.apache.http.HttpException: Deploying, starting and stopping applications is temporarily suspended. SAP HANA Cloud Platform is in infrastructure maintenance, which is expected to finish in about 53 minutes, around Sep 10, 2014 6:32 PM.

Looks like SAP Cloud Portal Service is down for maintenance. If it is indeed down for maintenance, I don't understand why some of my colleagues can access the Cloud Portal. By the way, SAP really need to enable notifications, some pop-up of sort that will at least let us know that there is a maintenance planed. I was in a demo when this happened and I had to end the demo abruptly. This is frustrating!

Anyway, I will wait for a while and hope that this is realted to maintenance and nothing else. I will try once again after a while and update this post.

In the meantime, can anybody from SAP HCP Team put some light on this? How often such infra. maintenances happens and what is the best way to avoid this problems in future?

Best Regards,

Ameya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

HCP provide a mailing list to which you can subscribe and be notified for planned maintenance events: hanacloud-announce Info Page

The maintenance affects only the CRUD actions: stop/start/deploy

It does not affect already running applications - this is why you see the different behaviors.

As for the log-on flow, please check that the SP settings where not changed when switched from default back to custom. There could be an option that the certificate pair were modified so the trust is no longer valid.

I recommend downloading the SP metadata again from the link on the SP setup page, and uploading it again to the IDP - or even better,create the trust again from scratch only on the IDP part.

Best Regards, Amit

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Yes, I had an idea about mailing list. I was able to get through Cloud Portal yesterday, but it looks like the service is down again. I am not able to login and all I am getting is a blank page. On IDP part, I checked and there is no problem as I write. Is the maintenance planed again and is it down at the moment?

Best Regards,

Ameya