cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Stock Category Considered in SNP Heuristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The customer has a requirement to add 'inspection stock' into the SNP Heusrics planning considerations. The stock is already CIF'ed to APO, and is already seen in RRP3 Product view.. So I think part of the work is done. What further do I need to do to get it added to the key figure in the SNP Planning book?

I have looked at MSDP_ADMIN and the details of the key figure, The stock key figure used here is listed in many planning obj structure, eg 9AMALO, 9ASNPBAS etc. But in all of them there are no category groups or individual category settings assigned... and it is actually greyed out and I cannot add one. So im not sure what it is working on today, even before the new customer requirement.

Is stock as a key figure different than others? I understand category groups and how they are used in ATP Issues / Reciepts for deployment.. but this appears to be a different setup? (as it is blank currently)

Other posts seem to have menitoned something about the SNP tab of the location master data in APO. 'Category Groups for Stocks'.

Do I need to create a new category group in SPRO customising, and then add it to this location master data? or the key figure? or both? or none?

Please help.

S SB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answering my own question now I have found the answer for the benefit of others:

When a specific stock category group is assigned in the location master then the sytem considers all the stock categories assigned to that category group while calculating the initial stock.

If no stock category group is assigned in location master then the system looks at the category group "ST1 - Opening stock" in SPRO and considers all categories in cat group ST1 while calculating the initial stock.

So to include CF / CI / any other cateogy in the initial stock calculation , all you have to do is assign those categories to ST1 category group . Once this is done you will be able to see the difference in your initial stock.

There is NOTHING required in MSDP_ADMIN. Tested and confirmed.

Answers (0)