cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFINDEX - Errors in section Reconciliation INDEX vs BSEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After converting a normal GL account into OIM, we have executed the report RFINDEX for consistency check.

We have found errors in the section Reconciliation INDEX vs BSEG.

But I am not sure what exactly the system trying to make me understand and the list of documents that got affected.

Analysis log says that error msg appears at XBLNR field in BSEG & BSIS table.

However, we do not find the field in BSEG table.  Then why the system is showing it as "error msg "?

May I request the forum to throw some light and route me towards solution for overcoming the issue?

Regards,

BSK..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

declan_bolger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Please note first of all that the repair option in RFINDEX is only available for use SAP Support. We never recommend that customers or general systems users use this report in repair mode themselves. It can lead to further inconsistencies if used incorrectly.

The error you have seen on this account related to XBLNR is arising because there are differences in the values when comparing the contents of field BKPF-XBLNR and BSIS-XBLNR for a particular set of line items. The XBLNR field is in the header table BKPF and not BSEG.

This error is usually a non critical error and can occur when customising settings such as user exits, substitutions update the XBLNR field in one table (eg BKPF) but not in another (eg BSIS). In these types of situations we usually advise customers to first take time in understanding why the values are updated for XBLNR in their system; the field is highly customizable and therefore errors like this can often appear in systems when running RFINDEX. There is no bug in the standard system which causes these types of differences.

The good news is that this error has nothing to do with the open item management which you enabled. Otherwise you would see error messages like "XOPVW" etc. From your description it seems that the conversion to Open Item Management you did was successful.

Kind regards,

Declan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Declan,

After check the Notes 1633559.  I try Run RFINDEX_ NACC in SE38 Debug Mode, than set the SCREEN-GROUP1 =1, EXPERT = 1 to enable the repair mode.  Things work pretty well in my sandbox. Than, I run the report RFINDEX_ NACC and TFC_COMPARE_VZ.  All the error was gone.  and I do couple posting.  Everything seems fine. 

However, as the SAP Notes said, SAP did emphasis on it require paid consultant to run the above program.  So, my question is, how can I ensure thing working well after run the RFINDEX_ NACC in repair mode?  Is there any other report to do the cross check other than the above 2 mentioned.  Will the risk or impact is large if run the above program on my own? 

Thanks,

Andy

declan_bolger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

We always recommend that the report RFINXEX_NACC should only be run in expert/repair mode by an expert. We always also recommend customers to contact SAP Support on FI-GL-GL-X in such situations where repairs are required.

If the report RFINDEX_NACC is used incorrectly in repair mode it can cause a lot of further inconsistencies in the system.

Kind regards,

Declan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

I think the Declan is right. And also, I think there're no errors in the system and the procedure don't have relative item with OIM procedure.

Check the ARMO tcode and choose the right option. Maybe your procedure will appears there and shows if this procedure was executed with success.

JPA

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Please read the program documentation. It is side by side with run's button. The documentation says when the report is executed, it is checked amounts between BSEG in the other table. This field that you're looking for, isn't in the BSEG but it is in the BSIS and BSAS and so on.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JPA - I have referred to the documentation and it asks to execute with "repair" option to correct the errors.

However, I could not find the option "repair " in the selection parameters.

Can you please guide me further?

Regards,

BSK