cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

start in the current cycle in scheduling ip10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

when i create a single cycle or strategy(ip41,ip42) maintenance plan and i put start date in the past(2010) and when i go to ip10 to make the scheduling dates it  start from 2010 but start counting for calls from 2014

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196951
Active Participant
0 Kudos

this is relevant to EAM, you should shift it there. and snapshot is showing the results fine, what is your actual requirement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need that when i start a maintenance EX: start date in 01,01,2010 and the scheduling period is 5 years  it ends in 01.01.2015 not in 0.01.2019

Former Member
0 Kudos

i was creating a maintenance plan and i put the start date in 01.01.2012 and the scheduling i put for 5 years so it suppose to finish in 01.01.2017 no it starts counting from today date so it end in 01.01.2019 i need to make it finish in its time 01.01.2017 any suggestions

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Mohamed,

The Scheduling Period is the period the Call Dates are calculated in advance from today, and not the validity period of the Maintenance Plan. So in 2010 the dates are calculated up till 2015, but if you run IP10 or IP30 in 2014, the dates are calculated till 2019.

If you want to make sure the plan stops running after the first five years, which is how I understand your point, then you should use a Strategy-based Plan without Cycles, but rather use Offsets.

For no Cycle, but specified Offsets, the particular maintenance is only performed one at a given Offset. No offset after 5Y means no more maintenance is scheduled.

Your Strategy should look something like the one below: (Assign all the Packages to your Task List)

See a similar requirement here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sebastian

thanks for your quick response but can you give me more details on how i can make that

Thanks

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Input the strategy above as pictured into IP11, then you can assign the Maintenance Package to your Task Lists in IA08 - it should simply work for you....

Ask additional questions or mark as answered, please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sebastian

it works but my last issue that why the older call does not shows and there is a warning massage "

All onetime packages for maintenance plan 279 have been called

" cannot be in the schedule and there status called or from where i can get it

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

any ideas

thanks

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assign _all_ Packages to the Operation, not just 5th. Dach package represents a year's maintenance. After _each_ of  the five are called, there will be the same message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have assigned the 5 packages to the operation and i have the same problem and i need to show the previous calls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian

thanks a lot you was very helpful

best regards

Thanks 

Answers (0)