cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differentiate wage types in Paylip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

we are having LOP and the Sick Leave absence type(half paid) in our client place..In the result of both ,it will store the values in one wage type in total.

For E.g

If one emp having 1 LOP and 0.5 Sick Leave Half pay ... this will show as 1.5 in wage type 9170.

In payslip it shows LOP as 1.5( 1 LOP and 0.5 Sick leave Half pay).

Without disturbing the existing payroll configuration, I want to differentiate them in payslip... find below related PCR's existing... Please suggest to achieve the above scenario.

ZR01

This PCR is to read the absence from previous month,since our time period is 16 to 15th.

ZR02

This PCR is to consider the LOP days up to 15th of current month.

ZSHA

This PCR is to store all the value from 9020 to 9170.

For Retro having the different wage type to show which configured in the Retro PCR's IN42,43,44.

Expecting the valuable inputs.....

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PCR ZSHA you can find the information where 9020 is holding the values of LOP and sick leave half pay so you have to find out exactly where 9020 is getting updated with absence days then you can modify with your new wage type XXXX to hold the Absence days.

Then you you can place your logic in ZSHA as similar as existing one XXXX to one new wage type eg 9270.

Find out where 9020 is getting updated exactly either it is a PCR or Absence valuation rule.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

It is generating through the Valuation Rule 04 for Sick Leave Half Pay and 08 for LOP..

Valr Rule 04:

Val Rule 08:

Please suggest

Thanks

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create 2 Information WTs, such as 9XXX and 9YYY, and delimit these 2 valuation rules, so that you add a second WT to each of them,

AbsValGrpg 01, Valuation rule 04 will generate WT 9020 (at 50%) and WT 9XXX (at 100%),

AbsValGrpg 01, Valuation rule 08 will generate WT 9020 (at 100%) and WT 9YYY (at 100%).

Example :

Note that WTs 9XXX and 9YYY should eventually be transfered to RT but should not affect gross pay (they should be "Information" WTs). They will then be available for reporting on the Remuneration Statement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Remi,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion. I am doing as per your method and inserted another  wage type 9190 along with 9020 for Sick Leave Half Pay Valuation Rule 04.

It looks values will be passed to both the wage types 9020 and 9190. 9020 will consider for payroll calculation and 9190 for payslip display. Now to make the wage type as information wage type, should I remove all the processing class and cumulation class for 9190 wt?

For Retro cases, can I create the C/F WT and Arrear wage type for 9190 and insert in to the PCR IN42, IN43 & IN44?

Please suggest.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with Payroll for India, so I can't comment on pcr IN42, IN43 & IN44.

As to how to create an Information WT, I just looked into the Model WTs for Canada and couldn't find a single one, but here is a view of one of our Information WTs through V_512W_O

You will have to adjust the Processing Classes according to your Country Code, making sure that the WT can be transfered into RT, but it should not cumulate into anything (nor generate a payment or deduction).

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We call the wage type with gets displays on payslip as notianal wage types , /TPA is an example

can you check a retro scenario for the same so based on that we can provide you the solution as of now the wage type will be used only for display purpose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sikinsdar and Remi,

I have copied the wage type /TPA and modified some PC and CC ,and getting the value in to RT now, where as not getting the value for retro cases. I have checked the DT in IN42, it is showing 0, where as the old retro wage type  shows 0.5 .

DT

RT:

The Information WT 9190 is getting the value only as a Units, where as the old payroll WT 9170 is getting as units as well as Amount. so the Arreat WT 9173 is getting the value in AMT.

Please guide me how can i convert the WT 9190 units in to AMT. so that i can read it for retro process and get the retro WT 9193 as same as 9173 .

Thanks

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple
pass the units to AMT by using MULTI NAA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sikinder,

I have also the same idea, but if I write the PCR to pass this wage type to convert in to AMT, the process of each and every employee reads the PCR and so the Client feels that it will overhead the process time and more time consumption to the Users.

Is there any other alternative way to convert the units in to AMT?

Please suggest...

Thanks

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should not have to convert the Number to an Amount in order to have retroactive variations carried forward to the current pay.

Try doing a Payroll Simulation with the "Display log" box checked, and look at the differences in processing for WTs 9170 and 917.  As for WT 9172 in table DT, I am not familiar with that table.

An alternative would be to use Outflow and Inflow Technical WTs to transfer the variations from the recalculated pay to the current pay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Remi,

The value of 9170 is been converted in to AMT through a PCR. Find below the same

Please find below the DT table value of carry forward wt 9172 & 9192.

IN41:

DT table under ZN44:

9172 WT gives the Amount of 0.5 , and 9192 is "0" in both the tables. In processing both the wage types are processing the PCR ZN44.

Please suggest.

Thanks

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In your Payroll Log, in the Output Table to pcr ZSHA, WT 9170 should hold a Number and an Amount, both with the same value.

Please check the Input table just before pcr ZN44 for the values of WTs 9172 and 9192, and then the Output Table for the values of WTs 9173 and 9193.

Drill down in the Payroll Log to find out if WT 9192 has an Amount when it gets created initially, and then follow it to find where it looses it's Amount.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Remi and Sikinder,

Thanks for your valuable ideas. The requirement has been achieved.

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can suggest them to go with procedure a wage type holds the number but you can not differentiate them based on your absence types  client wanted to provide the information regarding absence days on payslip then you have to differentiate them.

If you wanted to write some other rules you have to query the time types from TIP table and again you have to update the same into different wage types then only you can display them on pay slip.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Copy(XXXX) a wage type from 9020 and place it here any on of the place either against to LOP or Paid leave SL then you will get those number of days in to wage type(XXXX) and place your (XXXX) wage type in the ZSHA As similar as 9020 instead of writing ADDWT 9170 place another (YYYY) wage type.

Before going live test thoroughly and then get the confirmation from client move it to the live system.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I have already suggested that solution to the client , but they are not ready to touch the existing configuration which is working very fine... They want to bifurcate only for the Payslip display purpose. Since its for display purpose,safer side they dont want to touch this configuration..

Thanks

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could an employee have 2 LOP and 3 Sick Leave Half pay?

Perhaps you should consider modifying your Time Evaluation Schema to generate a separate Information WT for each of these Absences, and transfer them to Payroll through table ZL.

In Payroll Processing, these Information WTs would be transfered into table RT without any changes.

In your Remuneration Statement (PaySlip) Form, you would display these 2 Information WTs, either as additional information (at the bottom of the page) or instead of WT 9170 (implying that you may have to modify the Information WTs to fill the RTE and AMT fields).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Remi,

This seems works out. Can you please elaborate this?

What should be needed to make wage type only for the information purpose as you said.

Already we have time wage type to pull the leave values.. How can i bring this from the absence to the new wage types?

Please guide...

Thanks

Praveen

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is not such difficult since you are having the existing PCR with same kind of requirement the only thing is to create one more wage type &assign it to valuation rule and write the rule as similar as existing one.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh and Sankarsan,

Thanks for your swift reply.

I have also suggested my client the same method to differentiate on  changing the wage type in the absence valuation rule in the table V_T554C. But client wants to achieve this without modifying the current payroll configuration ,since it is working fine they dont want to touch it.

Rather they are suggesting to create separate wage types and to write the PCR using OUTZL IFT with the variable A to store the absence infotype value to differentiate in payslip. But I am not sure on this operations working for this.

Please help on this ...

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

You have to convince your client about it. Since they are going to modify there PCR where it's route ais in V_T554C table.

So do it DEV and QAS and show them it's not having any problem rather it's bifercating the absence day's.

In the mean time i will check your mentioned operation that it would be given any such situation conclution.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sankarsan and Venkatesh,

Please suggest that to add the new wage type in the existing PCR's which I have showned above to bifurcate with possible operations...

If I use the operation OUTZL IFT with variable A, Incase of WT 9020(Existing WT) in addition to the existing check OUTZL  IFT if this value is 'A' , then add the number to 9190(New Wage type to differentiate).
And is it possible to insert this operation in the above mentioned PCR ZR01 and ZR02? or should I create New PCR for this?

Please suggest.

Thanks

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joy,

You have bifercate that this two absence valuation wage type assignment.

Then two wage type will bring in the RT and you can show it differently in Payslips.

Check and let me know.

Regards,

Sankarsan

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far i understand In system with the reference of 9170 only you are updating the no of absence days on payslip then how can you show breakup in payslip even though you use split indicator "absence assignment" it may create 2 records with different numbers but how can you show the same on payslip as LOP and Sick leave half pay.

Try to create break up at wage type level itself it may helps you for further.

Regards

Venkatesh