Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That logic not to pay the money To customer once he returned the stock

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SD Experts

I Dont want to disturb This link Flow, so that is the reason i am asking my doubt here

I Am very interestingly to know what is That logic not to pay the money To customer once he returned the stock , then changing The item category in returns ....Please  explain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

As Lakshmipathi G said there is not any genuine reason behind this requirement. This could be due to some strict comapny policy. Lets suppose company has a policy that if material is returned within 30 days then company will issue credit note and if it is after 30 days then there would be no credit note for customer. Customer sends material after 28 days and due to any issue material reaches in comapny's premises after 30 days. Now company will not issue any credit note.

This is one scenario. There could be others but logically it doesn't sound good to keep the customer's stock and not issuing the credit note.

Thank$

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Moazzam sir And Lakshmipathi sir

Thanks a lot for your approach on my Doubt

i have one thought Regarding this please correct me if is wrong /Wright

Some times some materials Re -Used

ex: Glass  ...suppose company sent 100 Tons Glass To customer but he got all materials Perfectly with out  any damage issue

now after some times some like 1 Tone ( Example ) Damaged with his fault so he cant use this Glass

so he said to company i am sending some Glass material and company will receive That one while return Changing item category ----And company will use ( now company will reprocess with that Material )

I am not sure this idea is in my mind

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes this could be another scenario where that glass is useless for customer but company can rework on that glass. In this case company would take material back without issuing any credit note or if agreed with customer company can give him some other advantage in shape of any other discount or free goods etc. It depends on comapny's policy.

Thank$

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally, in returns process, if no credit memos are generated, it could be the cases:

1. you fix what is returned either via in-house repair or externally, and send it back

2. you replace what is returned and send it back

0 Kudos

Venu,

Is the return authorized by the company?  If yes, what are the terms of return. If the company has a explicit policy like:  "Only replacement, but no credit", your logic can stand.  The reason could be that the item once opened, cannot be or should not be reused.  Like onetime-use plastic molds. Once molded, it has no value. Or opened onetime-use sanitized surgical instruments. 

Another scenario I can think of is that it is a custom made goods.  For example, you want a chopping board with your name engraved on it, Before delivery, the maker takes an approval from you after showing the design work.  You approve the design, and give a go ahead. In such a scenario, the product is of no use to the seller.

Any any of the case, like Moazza said the policy should be very explicit.

Thanks

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Venu Gopal,

As per your scenario we cant able to judge the decision and it is purely related to business and customer .

this will not happen in real scenario and every customer want some credit, based on his return material .even though if user returns the glass material we have to give the credit in the form of discount or same material  again FOC with some freight charges on that customer  .

Rare scenario-

some company is donating some goods or money to charity purpose . at that time they will collect some waste material with customer and then they will do recycle , this will given to charity people, in this scenario it will possible .customer will agree based on charity purpose .

Regards,

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont find any guinuine logic behind this.  In general, for any customer returns, the seller has to reimburse the amount to the extent of what the end customer has paid and you cannot deviate this.  Of course, this is based on the assumptions that the returns are found to be defective supplied materials.

G. Lakshmipathi