SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking plausibility of Meter Read before uploading

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement where I need to upload a meter reading provided by customer through automated process. I am using BAPI_MTRREADDOC_UPLOAD for uploading the meter reads.

However, I additionally need to check the plausibility of the meter read before saving(rather uploading through the BAPI). The meter reads should only get saved if it is plausible.

Does anyone have any ideas on this please?

Thanks,

Dhiraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

Hi Dhiraj,

Have a look into the FM ISU_REGISTER_EXTRAPOLATION. This FM is called for all types of activities for Meter Reading Extrapolation/Validation etc etc.

You will probably get the idea of the code to be used.(Standard FMs are there inside this FM).

So the process should be that once you have the meter reading from the AMR, get the extrapolated meter reading for the billing period and match it with the AMR reading. If it falls in the range its plausible go with the upload , if not skip and put it in the log message.

Main effort would go into analyzing the FM(it's a big one).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

http://sapisurdg.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dhiraj_kathet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Does anyone has any suggestions on this. I can give it a try, no matter if there is no standard way of achieving this, any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

0 Kudos

Hi Dhiraj,

In the Customizing (SPRO), you can define the Validation Classes and tolerance limit for the validation classes.

The system determines tolerance limits automatically via the expected consumption and the period duration according to the settings established above. The limits are displayed during Entry and correction of MR results and Monitoring of MR results. If the meter reading result exceeds or falls below these tolerance limits, it becomes implausible.

Hope this Helps.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member

Hi Dhiraj,

Have a look into the FM ISU_REGISTER_EXTRAPOLATION. This FM is called for all types of activities for Meter Reading Extrapolation/Validation etc etc.

You will probably get the idea of the code to be used.(Standard FMs are there inside this FM).

So the process should be that once you have the meter reading from the AMR, get the extrapolated meter reading for the billing period and match it with the AMR reading. If it falls in the range its plausible go with the upload , if not skip and put it in the log message.

Main effort would go into analyzing the FM(it's a big one).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

http://sapisurdg.wordpress.com/