cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not able to post GR - error message M7379

Former Member
0 Kudos

while doing GR for a material I am getting the following error message.

Message No. 7379
The valuation type &V1& for material &V2& was already delivered in the last posting from vendor &V3&, according to the batch master record.However, a different vendor was entered in the purchase order.

Though in the previous PO the vendor was different but the valuation type in the same.

I am not able to trace the batch master record for the material.

Please suggest a solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i just checked "settings for system messages". This message M7379 is already set as a warning.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then it should not be an error when you do MIGO and you only need to press enter to continue and have the receipt posted. it will still be an error in MSC3N.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The note:  529155 - GR for purchase order, M7170 but no batch managemt requiremt  says that the message M7 379 is a warning message in standard, and the message category can be changed. If the message is set as warning and still you are getting error message in MIGO, you may check whether any own development is altering the standard behavior or raise an OSS ticket to SAP.

Regards,

AKPT

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not possible. Please confirm that you are checking this in same client.

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i try to see the batch record using msc3n it says that this material is not maintained in batches for this plant. I know the previous vendor as i have access to the previous PO. Also, the new valuation type and the valuation type according to the previous PO is the same. However the vendors are different.

Message M7379  gives this solution :

The vendor for the valuation type must be the same as the vendor in the purchase order.

1. If the vendor in the purchase order should actually deliver valuation V1, you can post the goods receipt as follows: cancel processing,change the vendor in the batch master record, and enter the goods receipt again.
  2. If the vendor should deliver to a different valuation type, you should change the purchase order. Contact Purchasing.

I think solution 1 would work for me. And thats why i need to know how can i access the batch master record.

one more doubt- are batch records created automatically alongwith each PO?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think option 1 is only possible if your material has the tick for batch management in material master record - Purchasing View.

You can able to see the vendor in table MCHA with batch (valuation type) and material combination, but you can not able to access this from MSC2N because your material is not active for batch management..

As your material is not active for batch management, so valuation types becomes like as batch number.. But not exactly same as batch master record.

Batch records are created automatically when you will do goods receipt first time for a new material and batch (valuation type) combination.

You can also create it manually from MSC1N, In that case it needs the the tick for batch management in material master.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

even a batch record for a valuation type can be accessed with MSC3N, even with MSC2N to change the vendor number in the batch record.

Please post the exact error message along with the message number for what you describe with these words: "when i try to see the batch record using msc3n it says that this material is not maintained in batches for this plant."

I guess this message is as well caused by the fact that the message attribute was changed.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not able to access MSC2N for the material (no tick for batch management) with valuation type.

MCHA table:

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was wrong with my answer, sorry about that.

I had tested it and with my lucky punch I found  a batch which was created with an external batch number equal to our usual valuation types, but the material had the batch management active. 

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now the challenging question comes how can we change the vendor for the batch for this case.

Is there really no way to change the vendor from transaction level ?

With batch management active material, it is okay.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Message M7 379 should be made a warning instead of error.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I've given the option already.. But he wants to change the vendor as he don't want to trigger the message.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the message is a warning, then the receipt can be posted, and the receipt will overwrite the vendor info in the batch record anyway. There is no need to maintain the vendor number manually before the receipt is made.

Originally the error message was M7170, but his message was a static error message.

With OSS note  529155 - GR for purchase order, M7170 but no batch managemt requiremt  came the flexible M7379 to get around this static error in case of split valuation without batch management.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you can't able to trace the batch (valuation type) for material ??

You message help text explains everything..

Go to MB51 and enter the material and batch (valuation type) in Batch field, then execute.. You will get the details for all movement which is happened with regards to this material and batch (valuation type). Here also you will find the different vendor which has supplied the material with this batch previous..

Generally the message is set as warning in IMG path. But your organization has changed this as error..

If you want to find the last vendor who has supplied previous, then you can find it from MSC3N.

Go to MSC3N,

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may can post your goods receipt by configuring the message as warning from the path OLMB-Define Attributes of System Messages.

But before doing that, you should consult with your other consultant and manager..

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Look for this message number in Google and you'll get the reason and solution.

ntn