cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions for openSAP interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a few minor niggles with the new openSAP interface which I think are worth sharing. Let me add that the new interface is excellent, these really are just niggles.

The first thing is I miss the countdown to the next deadline. On the old interface there was a countdown on the list showing when the next assignment was due for the courses, which was very useful. There is something similar on the 'My openSAP' dashboard on the right which shows when the next courses are due to start, so I think it would be very helpful if the 'My courses' list showed the next important dates for each course.

Still on the 'My courses' list I am not sure about the order in which it shows them. Currently my list shows them in the following order: Running, Running, Running, Self paced, Completed, Completed, Self paced. To me the Completed ones should be bottom of the list out of the way. Also the first one on the list is 'SAP's UX Strategy in a Nutshell by Sam Yen'. The problem with that being top of the list is I took the final assignment a few weeks ago and am just waiting for the course to end, which is not for several weeks. So it would be nice if the interface could recognise that I have already finished it and move it to the bottom of the list. Generally I would like to have the list in order of when the course next needs my attention, so top of the list will always be the next thing I need to do.

On the list of 'My documents' I don't think it's necessary to show all of the documents you don't have. For example it shows me the self study courses I am enrolled for and tells me the records of achievement and confirmations of participation are not available. Since I didn't take the course when it was live these will never be available, so why are they even on the list? I am also a little confused by the fact that the description says: 'The list shows all courses that you are enrolled for.' Does this mean that if I un-enroll from a course I have completed then the document will vanish from this list? That doesn't sound right, but it seems to be what is implied. If I want to tidy up the 'My courses' view by un-enrolling from completed courses then it shouldn't affect this list, or should I stay enrolled to them for some reason?

Also on the 'My Documents' list could we add some more detail, such as the date of the course and the grade awarded? It would make it more of an overview which will be handy when you have lost of documents in there.

Sorry I have waffled a bit, I hope that all makes sense.

Many thanks for openSAP it is an excellent tool which I am enjoying using.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

great feedback, thanks for that.

We took your ideas/requirements and added them all to our development queue. So in next months we will constantly bring improvements to our openSAP platform.

Thanks again & feedback is always welcome!

Best,

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just going back to one of the questions I asked in the original comment. I wanted to tidy up my dashboard so I un-enrolled from a course that I had completed. I can confirm it did remove the document from the documents view, which doesn't seem right at all to me.

It left me with the following, which looks like a nice glitch:

[[en.dashboard.documents.my_documents]]

[[en.dashboard.documents.text]]

[[en.dashboard.documents.my_documents_hint]]

[[en.dashboard.documents.my_courses]]

[[en.dashboard.documents.my_courses_info]]

For completeness I tried re-enrolling for the course, which brought back my record of achievement, but didn't get rid of the glitchy text at the top of the list.

I hope that's useful to you guys.

Cheers,

Neil

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

thanks for sharing the glitch.

I will immediately forward this to our technical team.

best,

Jochen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Thank you, Neil!

I'm happy to hear that you like openSAP and enjoy our offerings. This is the best feedback we can get.

Furthermore, I appreciate your honest feedback on things which can be improved as this is helpful to us not to get stuck in our own mindset.

We will take care of your remarks, check them carefully and come back to you with some detailed answers.

Have a great day!

Michaela

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI - not sure if this minor issue was reported already. But the calculation of the overall percentage on the progress page does not match the numbers.

Either the calculation is wrong - or - the calculation includes value of tests even not graded!

(Which you can use to do calculating the result of the test not graded yet 😉 )

Nevertheless - I love the openSAP idea and courses! Great tool to learn more about technologies and systems.

Kind regards, Manfred

0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

thanks for the hint. We were able to reproduce the error and will implement a fix soon to get it right.

best,

Jochen