cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new payment method?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to create one more payment method (eg. Netting) in the payment method selection list, which is used to settle all intercompany AR and AP through a current account with head office.  That method links the settlements to a specific G/L clearing account, eg. Netting-clearing account when assignment is confirmed.  Then during the month-end closing, the balance of this account will be transferred to another G/L account (eg. Current account with Head ofice) that will be reconciled to a current account statement.

How can I create such a new payment method and configure in SAP to achieve the above process?

Please help.  Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Terry,

I think this sounds more likely to make use of the Account Determination Group for Sales.

You can't assign different G/L Accounts related to Payment Methods, but you CAN assign different G/L Accounts dependent on the Account Determination Group specified on the Account -> Sales Data.

For Intercompany Customers, you'd specify that they are sold to via a new "Intercompany" (or whatever you want to call it, like "Netting") type Account Determination Group linked to the G/L Account that you want (this is done within Business Configuration). This can allow you to appropriately separate the AR balances from a G/L perspective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Terry,

Did you have any luck trying to configure a new Payment Method ?

We also have been trying to do this but it doesn't appear to be possible.

Regards,

Kevin.