Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding BI Query to Role

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I got requirement to add an existing BI query(link) to one new role.I have added it through BW query URL (menu) in role and assigned to one test user id.

This query and role are not visible in BEX for the test Id. If I add existing roles to test user , I can see those roles and associated queries in BEX.

Test user has S_USER_AGR and S_USER_TCD with needed authorizations. Can someone respond on this query?

Moreover, I added query  in the role menu through reports->BW reports (RRMX) .Even in this method also, I couldn't see the roles/Queries in the BEx.

Appreciate your quick responses !

Thanks,Krishna

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the user have the access through composite roles? If they are using the menu structure of the composite & it hasn't been regenerated then they will struggle to find it where they expect it.

0 Kudos

No, It is a new single role . I created new role manually and added BW query URLs but not visible in BEx.

If I create a new role by copying the existing menu role , I can see them along with its menu entries in BEx.

Thanks,Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using BI Query designer and publish the BI query to the role from there. This way you will be able to view it in the BeX.

former_member298454
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes , It is working now! Thank you.

So if we add queries(BW query URLs/Workbooks ) manually in role menu via reports ->BW reports / Add BW query URL , then those will not be appeared in BEx?

Standard way is publishing the query in Query designer and saving workbook to role in BEx analyzer as i understood.

Thanks , Krishna

0 Kudos

Yes Correct. 🙂