Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple BW connection - Plan to export/import RSBASIDOC table

r_vanamersfoorth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm experiencing an issue at the moment as per below cronology:

- Did client copy from AB7 to UB7 (BW system) and A16 to U16 (ERP system)

- Made BW connection between UB7 and U16 with IDoc type ZSPC004 via RSA1 restore

- Did client copy from AB7 to MB7

- Made BW connection between MB7 and U16 with IDoc type ZSPC004 via RSA1 restore

After I executed 4th step, I had an issue with U16 and UB7 connection due to the Idoc type in U16 was replaced by connection between MB7 and U16. Then we had to make some manual creations for iDoc type, partner profile, and re-connect the system manually for the impacted system.

Understand if there is SAP Note to export all of the BW objects from source system and import it into the target system. But as we have a lot of BW objects to be converted, hence we did do this way.

Other than the above problem, our BW system is also connected to multiple system and for each system refrehs we must do manual reconnection, which is quite manual way, to open the client, and re-run the restore, especially if the systems blong to another party so we must arrange acoordingly.

We would like to check with you, whether is there any other workaround on this? Such as exporting RSBASIDOC table before the refresh and importing it as part of system refresh post step. Have anyone tried it before and did it work?

Appreciate for your feedback and suggestion.

Thanks and Regards.

Mr R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Mr R

Could you have a check on this SAP note

1707321 - BW System Copy: Post Copy Automation (BW-PCA)

It describes usage of BW PCA tool available from SAP which should significantly reduce your efforts.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe PCA is a paid tool..

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

Yes. You need to have NW LVM enterprise edition license to have BW PCA usable for your environment.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

r_vanamersfoorth
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback. But unfortunately we don't purchase NW LVM. We are looking for a manual way to export/import BW connecction during system refresh. There maybe any other dependent tables other than RSBASIDOC tables. Maybe some of you having an experience on this before?

Regards.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mr R,

If you are looking for manual steps, please refer to below SAP note for details

886102 - System Landscape Copy for SAP NetWeaver BW

Regards,

Deepak Kori